Groups / Sub-groups

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
bigtex
Pine Head
Pine Head

Groups / Sub-groups

Post by bigtex »

I have the following configuration setup in GPRS:

Group: Bear
Subgroup: Bear

Group: Tiger
Subgroup: Tiger

Group: Wolf
Subgroup: Wolf

Group: Webelos
Subgroup: Webelos

Group: Me-Too's
Subgroup: Me-Too's

Group: Outlaw
Subgroup: Outlaw

This setup seems to work perfectly when having races for each rank and top 4 racers race in the championship round (excluding Me-Too's and Outlaw's)

But after running Championship round we're thinking we might want to race the top 3 from all groups (including Outlaw's & Me-Too's)

What would be the step to accomplish this last race without wiping out Championship statistics/reports?

Thanks
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Groups / Sub-groups

Post by gpraceman »

First, since you really are not using Subgroups, you can turn those off in the Software Setup screen. Then you will only see the race groups.

Before you start the Grand Finals Round, you can make a copy of the data file (using the File menu and then Save As option). Start the GF round in one data file, where you only include the scout groups. Once you race that round, switch to the second data file and start a GF round, including all groups.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
bigtex
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Groups / Sub-groups

Post by bigtex »

Your suggestion was the work-around I was planning. Just didn't know if there was another way. Works for me though!

Thanks.