GPRM v9 - 4 Decimals

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

GPRM v9 - 4 Decimals

Post by dna1990 »

I know your website states FastTrack K2 and K3 timers...but are you sure v9 will not support 4 digits from a K1CSA Timer?

I sure thought it sent 4 places in the serial data packet.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM v9 - 4 Decimals

Post by gpraceman »

dna1990 wrote:I know your website states FastTrack K2 and K3 timers...but are you sure v9 will not support 4 digits from a K1CSA Timer?

I sure thought it sent 4 places in the serial data packet.
Only K2F and K3F models (note the "F"), which will be on the market sometime soon, will send times out to 4 decimal places. The only time that you will see anything in the 4th decimal place with other models is if there was a tie during a heat (out to 3 decimal places that is) then the timer will report who of those tied racers won.

GPRM V9 will support this new feature. Previous versions will ignore that last decimal place with these new timer models.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.