(GPRM) Grand Finals Perfect N, but then a Final 7

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Himey97
Apprentice
Apprentice

(GPRM) Grand Finals Perfect N, but then a Final 7

Post by Himey97 »

Randy

(first software question for 2010)

I want to take the top 3 racers from each of 5 groups and put them in the Grand Finals.

Then I want to skinny those 15 cars down to the top 7 cars and run one last perfect N schedule to award the Top 3 Trophies.

I follow how the software designates the cars for the Grand Finals but how would I create the schedule for the Final 7 ?

H
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: (GPRM) Grand Finals Perfect N, but then a Final 7

Post by gpraceman »

With GPRM, you can only do one Grand Finals Round. However, you can enter the top 7 into a second data file and run them that way.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Himey97
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Himey97 »

I could have sworn I read somewhere that if the group had more than 13 racers, running a second round with the Complementary-Perfect 7-4 Chart was the "RECOMMENDED" 4-Lane solution. Maybe I got lost on Stan's website one day. H.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

If you are running a points race, then yes, you can run 7 racer 4 lane PN or CPN chart to get the best trophy accuracy. If you run a timed race, there is no real need to get down to the 7 racers.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Himey97
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Himey97 »

If you are running a points race, then yes, you can run 7 racer 4 lane PN or CPN chart to get the best trophy accuracy.
Should have mentioned that. Getting my threads confused.
We have a 4 lane Best Track, Microwizard Timer, GPRM, and ran points race scoring.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Himey97 wrote:Randy

(first software question for 2010)

I want to take the top 3 racers from each of 5 groups and put them in the Grand Finals.

Then I want to skinny those 15 cars down to the top 7 cars and run one last perfect N schedule to award the Top 3 Trophies.

I follow how the software designates the cars for the Grand Finals but how would I create the schedule for the Final 7 ?

H
Since you observed elsewhere that you had one lane that was to some extent defective, I'd run a 7 car CPN chart on the 3 good lanes instead of 4.

On the other hand, the race track is what it is, and it IS the basis for competition. Just because a lane is "different" does not mean that it is defective. If you were to choose to do the finals on 3 lanes instead of 4, that decision should be made before racing starts... unless total failure requires such a Plan B decision.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"