The Judge and Grand Prix question

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
jf4ever2005
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Judge and Grand Prix question

Post by jf4ever2005 »

I just purchased the latest version of GPRM and I was playing around with it last night to make sure it worked and all and running a mock race. Do I have to reset the finish line everytime before the race can start or is there a setting that it can just run through the race without having to reset it every time?

Also, does our manuel start gate affect the times at all? it seems if I left the start gate open longer that it seemed to scew the times but that could just be me but im wondering if the start gate silinoid being open is that what starts the times and it has no affect when it closes I guess is the more important question.

Thanks ahead!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Judge and Grand Prix question

Post by gpraceman »

jf4ever2005 wrote:I just purchased the latest version of GPRM and I was playing around with it last night to make sure it worked and all and running a mock race. Do I have to reset the finish line everytime before the race can start or is there a setting that it can just run through the race without having to reset it every time?
You can always set the software to run in Hands-Free Mode. This also requires that you turn on the Auto Heat Advance feature. Both are documented in the software's help file.
jf4ever2005 wrote:Also, does our manuel start gate affect the times at all? it seems if I left the start gate open longer that it seemed to scew the times but that could just be me but im wondering if the start gate silinoid being open is that what starts the times and it has no affect when it closes I guess is the more important question.
You would need to contact New Directions if you think you are seeing timing issues related to your start gate, manual or solenoid operated. The software just reports what times the timer sends to the computer.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.