Pop Up Timer Error for Countdown

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Pop Up Timer Error for Countdown

Post by pack529holycross »

when I start the countdown intermission timer, an error pops up " your timer may not support this feature " -- the countdown is running behind this popup, and when I close the popup, the countdown timer resets to zero... I'm toying with stuff at my desk, so the hardware/timer is not connected to the laptop at the moment.....

any ideas?

V 9.0.1315.0 just updated tonight and running on a windows 7 laptop
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pop Up Timer Error for Countdown

Post by gpraceman »

I assume you are using a Fast Track timer. Which model?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pack529holycross »

gpraceman wrote:I assume you are using a Fast Track timer. Which model?

6 lane with dual display ( k3 i think ? ) displays times and alts to place order..
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:6 lane with dual display ( k3 i think ? ) displays times and alts to place order..
I'm a bit surprised you experienced that with a K3 (yes, that is what you have). Maybe for some reason the software was not able to identify it as a K model timer. Anyways I posted an update so the countdown on the computer screen would not reset. You will get that message still, if GPRM is not able to get a K model timer to do the countdown on the timer display.

The next time you run the software, assuming that you have an Internet connection, it will let you know that there is an update available. You can also download the update from http://grandprix-software-central.com/gprm/updates.php
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.