GPRM updates vs. resetting settings

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

GPRM updates vs. resetting settings

Post by pack529holycross »

Have an odd question for you.....

Whenever I recieve an update for GPRM as a D/L --- although my custom colors for lanes and labels are not reset to defaults, the length of track and min number of lanes are reset to 29 and 4.

Is there a way for updates not to kick these values back to defaults?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM updates vs. resetting settings

Post by gpraceman »

That is unexpected. I think I found the reason for that. That will be fixed in the next program update.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I posted an update and when I installed it, it didn't mess with the track length or number of lane settings.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pack529holycross »

thank you sir - i appreciate the opportunity to troubleshoot and work through bugs...

another question.. running the Council Races, we will have entrants from different districts, and of course pack numbers vary...

i think it would be better to use subgroup for district and the extra label for Pack Number ( defaulted to car name ) rather than the reverse.... would you agree the subgroup feature would be more effective for district stats breakdowns?