Affordable Pinewood Timer and GrandPrix software

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Tgolobic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Affordable Pinewood Timer and GrandPrix software

Post by Tgolobic »

Has anyone has any success in getting the Affordable Pinewood Timer to work with the GrandPrix system?
We are able to get times from the timer into the software when test it, but cannot one we do an actual race. I am assuming it is something with a configuration of the timer with in the GrandPrix software. Though I do not know what setting to set it to. I think there must be some commands that are not being passed correctly.

Anyone?!? Help!!

Even shot in the dark suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! We have pinewood in two days. :nervous:
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Affordable Pinewood Timer and GrandPrix software

Post by gpraceman »

Hopefully, a member with that timer and our software will chime in.

As I mentioned via email, that timer is not one that the software supports nor have we have tested it with our software. So, we cannot make any guarantees on how well it will work with our software's custom timer interface.

Once I see your HardwareDebug.log file, I can get a better picture of what is going on with that timer.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Affordable Pinewood Timer and GrandPrix software

Post by gpraceman »

As an update, Tony got the timer communicating with the software. It was a configuration issue. That timer sends times out to 0.001 secs, but he had the custom timer interface in the software set for 0.0001 secs. The software was thinking there was data missing, so it was just patiently waiting for that data to come in.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.