GPRM Computer Specs

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
10range
Pine Head
Pine Head

GPRM Computer Specs

Post by 10range »

I have a couple of questions about GPRM. I am waiting to hear back from one person but I think I have the go-ahead to order this.

I have a few questions about computer requirements.

It indicates that the minimum requirements are 2.2 GHz. My current laptop that I would like to use is only 1.2 Ghz. Would it run at all on my laptop or will I need to find another solution?

For our race will be run in our church sanctuary where we have a much faster computer. Would it work to do the check in on the laptop and transfer the files to the sanctuary computer after check in. Is it allowable to have the software on two computers used at the same site?

Our current computer in the sanctuary uses dual outputs so we have a control screen and a display screen. Does this software allow this?
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: GPRM Computer Specs

Post by FatSebastian »

10range wrote:Is it allowable to have the software on two computers used at the same site?
IIRC the licensing agreement for GPRM allowed for installation on up to two computers.
10range
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by 10range »

FatSebastian wrote:
10range wrote:Is it allowable to have the software on two computers used at the same site?
IIRC the licensing agreement for GPRM allowed for installation on up to two computers.

You are correct. Just made the purchase and downloaded the demo. It says in there that the license is for no more than two computers at the same site.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

10range wrote:It indicates that the minimum requirements are 2.2 GHz. My current laptop that I would like to use is only 1.2 Ghz. Would it run at all on my laptop or will I need to find another solution?
The requirements listed, for the most part, come from the report viewer that is used by the software. You can always give it a try and see how it runs. Where you are most likely to see reduced performance is with the reporting and with the standings computations.
10range wrote:For our race will be run in our church sanctuary where we have a much faster computer. Would it work to do the check in on the laptop and transfer the files to the sanctuary computer after check in. Is it allowable to have the software on two computers used at the same site?
Yes, our licensing allows up to two computers at the same time. Some practice on one and run on the other and some use a registration computer and a race computer. If no longer using it on a computer, uninstall it, so you will be free to install to another computer when needed for the next race.

More info on our licensing can be found here.
10range wrote:Our current computer in the sanctuary uses dual outputs so we have a control screen and a display screen. Does this software allow this?
Many people run that way (we do for our races). Something new with Version 10, is that it allows you to detach the controls from the Racing screen and drag them over to your computer monitor, if you wish.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
10range
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by 10range »

Just wanted to post a quick update. We ran our adult race yesterday afternoon and it was so smooth using GPRM. We had 16 adults competing. We ran 16 heat races and then took the top 8 cars based on average time. It took us 19 minutes to run the 16 heats.

Things that I noticed were; There was less downtime between the heats because people were watching the on deck box and we didn't have to wait for them to be called to the starting line, it was very helpful to have the results out to four decimals as there were a number of times when two cars ran equal times out to hundredths.

The software ran flawlessly on my old laptop. (1.2ghz)

We are now looking forward to using this during our kids race in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the advice and pointers everyone has given.