Pre-Assigned Car #'s numbers in GPRM?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Jetmugg
Pine Head
Pine Head

Pre-Assigned Car #'s numbers in GPRM?

Post by Jetmugg »

I'm helping a local Girl Scout troop with their Powder Puff Derby. I will be setting up our GS troop's 6-lane Freedom Track and MicroWizard timer, running on GPRM software.

My question is as follows - the GS coordinator has provided me with the names of all the girls who will be in the race, but she has already assigned racing numbers for each of the girls. (#'s in the 100-series are for daisies, #200 series for Brownies, #300 for Cadettes, etc.) Is is possible to manually enter these car numbers into GPRM, or force the numbering sequence to start with 100, 200, 300, etc. for the different classes? I have until next weekend to figure this out.

Thanks,

Steve M.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Pre-Assigned Car #'s numbers in GPRM?

Post by FatSebastian »

Jetmugg wrote:Is is possible to manually enter these car numbers into GPRM...
My experience was that it is possible manually enter pre-assigned, non-sequential car numbers with GPRM.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

:agree:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Jetmugg
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Jetmugg »

Excellent. What a great forum.

SteveM.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by dna1990 »

If she sent them in Excel or similar...they can even be Imported. We do this all the time, generating lists from ScoutTrack or other sheets, lay in numbers as you described to differentiate groupings and all is good. GPRM has an example Import File, but now even allows for mapping if you sheet does not exactly match theirs.

Using 100 series, 200 series - I think is a big help in staging cars. Esp if you have a big race. We just raced over 130 cars, and had no mixups on car assignments.