GPRM 10 - Logistics on best way to running the race

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
MT Pockets
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: GPRM 10 - Logistics on best way to running the race

Post by MT Pockets »

Thanks! I did do that and now I only have the 4 top racers there. How to I add the others?

MT Pockets
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

MT Pockets wrote:Thanks! I did do that and now I only have the 4 top racers there. How to I add the others?
Go to the Registration tab and check the Finalist box for those racers. Then create your race schedule.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
MT Pockets
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by MT Pockets »

I clicked on the registration tab, but it said racers can only be added to round 1, so I clicked round 1, then registration, the 4 that advanced with the dens were checked as finalists, I then checked the other 4. Went back to round 2 and generated the schedule, it seemed to work...all 8 were there..

am I getting it or making it harder than I need to?

MT Pockets
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

MT Pockets wrote:I clicked on the registration tab, but it said racers can only be added to round 1, so I clicked round 1, then registration, the 4 that advanced with the dens were checked as finalists, I then checked the other 4. Went back to round 2 and generated the schedule, it seemed to work...all 8 were there..

am I getting it or making it harder than I need to?
Yep. You are getting it. The finalists to advance to Round 2 are designated by their Round 1 results, so that is why you needed to select under Round 1 first.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rkibby »

Not sure if I'm reading this right but is there a way to get all the Dens racing as one big race, but I only want the boys from there Dens racing each other. So run 1 maybe a group of 4 Tigers then run 2 be a group of wolves, etc. I have all the boys names in and I did a Group as Pack XXX and the dens as sub-groups. I choose Lane Rotation, with Modified as an option. It showed me what I'm looking for but only once. I cant get it to replicate it. Am I doing something wrong or was it just a fluke? If I can't get this done, then I'll just go back to Perfect N and have each Den as a group. I'm just looking for something different.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

rkibby wrote:Not sure if I'm reading this right but is there a way to get all the Dens racing as one big race, but I only want the boys from there Dens racing each other. So run 1 maybe a group of 4 Tigers then run 2 be a group of wolves, etc.
Yes. That is called Master Scheduling. It is an option that you can turn on in the Software Options screen. It takes your group schedules and collates them together, so it will alternate which race group is running, but racers will only race within their group.
rkibby wrote:I have all the boys names in and I did a Group as Pack XXX and the dens as sub-groups. I choose Lane Rotation, with Modified as an option. It showed me what I'm looking for but only once. I cant get it to replicate it. Am I doing something wrong or was it just a fluke? If I can't get this done, then I'll just go back to Perfect N and have each Den as a group. I'm just looking for something different.
Subgroups have no bearing on scheduling. That is controlled at the Group level. Your dens should be race groups, if you only want them to race within their den.

As for what scheduling method to use, I recommend using the Perfect-N. Racers will run down each lane of the track, they will get an equal number of runs and they will face a better number of opponents.
Randy Lisano