GPRM questions

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

GPRM questions

Post by rkibby »

Hello everyone,

We just had our first Pack race this year with our Champ Timer and GPRM software, 4 lane Best Track - 49'. I left everything alone when it came to settings in the GPRM other then telling it what the length was of the track.

I have some questions about certain settings. In GPRM under Hardware Setup, Timer tab, what is the Trigger Delay and Trigger Duration suppose to be for a Champ Timer. The software says to check your timers owners manual. I've looked and I just don't see it. Default is Trigger Delay - 24 ms, Trigger Duration - 15 ms.

Also, Software Setup, Racing tab, Vehicle scale: 1 inch = 25 inches is default. What are others doing. More or less just curious, not so much I'll change it, given I can't get it right no matter what I do, when building cars I never leave them 7" long, I know car scale will never be accurate.

Does anyone know when just using the Champ timer without a PC does it have a default setting for track length?

I think you can tell I'm new to this. Last year I took over the Packs Pinewood derby, not knowing how to even set it all up. I'm in a pack that is on a come back. Scout level was very low and now have over 80 boys total. So last year I found a free software running Perfect-N on excel. It worked but we only ran 2 lanes since we had no timer. For this year, We bought a Champ Timer, GPRM software. I plan on staying in the pack for quite a few years, so I really want to make this a great experience for everyone. I think I'm on the right track, I'm just need a little help to get all the settings right.

Thank you
Robert Kibby
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM questions

Post by gpraceman »

Hello Robert,
:welcome:
rkibby wrote:I have some questions about certain settings. In GPRM under Hardware Setup, Timer tab, what is the Trigger Delay and Trigger Duration suppose to be for a Champ Timer. The software says to check your timers owners manual. I've looked and I just don't see it. Default is Trigger Delay - 24 ms, Trigger Duration - 15 ms.
Those settings are only if you are using the eTekGadget Photo Finish device; otherwise, ignore them.
rkibby wrote:Also, Software Setup, Racing tab, Vehicle scale: 1 inch = 25 inches is default. What are others doing. More or less just curious, not so much I'll change it, given I can't get it right no matter what I do, when building cars I never leave them 7" long, I know car scale will never be accurate.
That is what is typically used.
rkibby wrote:Does anyone know when just using the Champ timer without a PC does it have a default setting for track length?
The timer really doesn't have any idea how long the track is. That is for the software, so it can calculate scale speed.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.