looking for double elimination software

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
pinecarpro
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

looking for double elimination software

Post by pinecarpro »

Hi,

I'm looking for help to find double elimination software that when only the last place car gets a loss not every car but the winner. I know this isn't use much anymore but I'd be willing to buy use new or talking to anyone that can make it.

Thanks,
Pinecar
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: looking for double elimination software

Post by BallBoy »

I am a little unclear as to exactly what you are looking for, but Derby Master (http://www.enterprisingideas.com/derbymaster/) advertises that it allows double elimination. Will you please expound on what it is you are expecting the software to do? Do you expect it to just produce the schedule? Track the results? Interface with an electronic timer?
pinecarpro
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pinecarpro »

Thanks for your response. Yes I'm looking for track results and interface with electronic timer. I've tried to contact enterpisingideas 3 or 4 times and they have not gotten back to me. and from what I understand about their double elimination is that everyone but the winner gets a loss. I want software that only the last-place car gets the loss.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I'm not aware of any software, commercial or otherwise, that will do that. That is a non-standard way of running an elimination race, as far as I know.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

We used double elim when I was a kid, no computers.

Depending on the number of racers, you might be using paper & pen or chalkboards to track it all.

Sorry, I'm not a programmer kind o' guy.
Good Luck.
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

I'm curious why you'd want to run a "double elimination" schedule that way. One of the advantages of a double elimination system is that it produces reliable results for first and second place relatively quickly (assuming negligible lane bias, consistent car behavior, etc.). If you're going to make the schedule take longer by assigning losses to only one car per race, then there are other race methods that have a lot of advantages over double elimination methods.