exporting data in GPRM

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Brian770
Apprentice
Apprentice

exporting data in GPRM

Post by Brian770 »

hey all,

i was wondering if there is a way to export data from the GPRM program in the HTML format? i really do not like the csv or cvs? setup. HTML would be a simpler way for me to display the results.
thanks.
bri
SIGNATURE?? I dont need no stinkin signature....
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: exporting data in GPRM

Post by BallBoy »

I imagine that Randy will chime in on this one, but I'll add my $.02. It doesn't appear to me that GPRM offers any export format other than CSV. Excel, or OpenOffice Calc, will make quick work of turning the CSV file into an HTML file. CSV is an unformatted, raw file that lacks any formatting, which can be seen as a benefit to some and a drawback to other. Since HTML typically involves formatting of some sort it would not be likely that the format selected by Randy for HTML output would be how you want it to look. Pulling the CSV file into a program that can produce your desired format should only take a minute or two.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

All through the software you can export data table data in CSV file format. However, from the Reports screen, you do have more export options but it depends a bit on which version of GPRM we are talking about. V10 and above use the Microsoft Report Viewer for reporting, which only provides exports in PDF, Excel XLS and Word DOC formats. V9 and earlier used Crystal Reports, which did offer HTML exports and some others. I didn't really like losing any export formats, but the MS ReportViewer has way too many advantages over Crystal Reports to not to have made the change.

If you are looking at posting to a website, I would recommend using the PDF exports from the Reports screen.

OpenOffice Calc? :scratching:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
M Webb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by M Webb »

OpenOffice Calc?

Randy

OpenOffice is a freeware software package similar to Microsoft Office. Calc is OpenOffice's version of Microsoft Excel. The OpenOffice suite is actually very good offering much of the same features that MS Office does.

Best regards

Matthew
Wood & Wheels Racing
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I know about OpenOffice. I just wasn't sure why it was mentioned in reference to GPRM's export formats.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BallBoy »

I mentioned OpenOffice Calc as a program that can easily consume and display a CSV file and ultimately convert it into a variety of formats.