Grand Prix RM v11 couple questions

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
oblachubs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Grand Prix RM v11 couple questions

Post by oblachubs »

Hi. We had our pinewood derby yesterday. It went pretty smoothly, but we did have some hickups along the way. I was wondering if you have a moment to educate me:

1. Registration - When I was checking cars in for tigers, wolves, bears, etc I'd click on each group so I could click the "Passed" flag. Every once in a while a "roster changes have not been saved" message would pop up. I didn't see a place to save it if that's what it was trying to tell me. Then I'd have to click on two groups and back again to get it to the right group.

2. Racing - When we were runnign a Weeblos II race I noticed we got a parent name in there by accident. Seems we could not figure out a way to remove him after the race started. What do I have to do re-enter the correct names in a new group and start another race? How do I stop a race or disqualify someone to get around this?

3. Ties - We had some ties when the heats were done for wolves, bears and weeblos. How do you run tie breakers? I entered a new group with those names in it and ran a new race after the grand finals. I'm wonder if it didn't run the tie automatically because I didn't enter the awards ahead of time?

I'm passing this on to the crew for next year as my son is moving on to boy scouts. Again the race went pretty well regardless. Thanks!

OB
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grand Prix RM v11 couple questions

Post by gpraceman »

oblachubs wrote:1. Registration - When I was checking cars in for tigers, wolves, bears, etc I'd click on each group so I could click the "Passed" flag. Every once in a while a "roster changes have not been saved" message would pop up. I didn't see a place to save it if that's what it was trying to tell me. Then I'd have to click on two groups and back again to get it to the right group.
There is a Save button on the button bar directly above the list of racers. If you made a change in a row and did not proceed to another row the Auto Save feature would not have been triggered.
oblachubs wrote:2. Racing - When we were runnign a Weeblos II race I noticed we got a parent name in there by accident. Seems we could not figure out a way to remove him after the race started. What do I have to do re-enter the correct names in a new group and start another race? How do I stop a race or disqualify someone to get around this?
Once you start racing, it is best to just not run a car down in that spot. It is not fair to everyone else to throw out the results and build another schedule. If you had already run their car, you can use the Exclude Racers feature. Enable that feature in the Software Options screen and then check the Exclude box for that racer in the Registration tab. That will keep them from being displayed in the standings for that group.
oblachubs wrote:3. Ties - We had some ties when the heats were done for wolves, bears and weeblos. How do you run tie breakers? I entered a new group with those names in it and ran a new race after the grand finals. I'm wonder if it didn't run the tie automatically because I didn't enter the awards ahead of time?
There is a whole section in the software's help file on different ways to handle ties. The software does not run automatic tiebreakers.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
oblachubs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Grand Prix RM v11 couple questions

Post by oblachubs »

I will pass that on. Thanks for the quick reply!