Using the Exclude Racers Option if GPRM

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
idpwdnut
Pine Head
Pine Head

Using the Exclude Racers Option if GPRM

Post by idpwdnut »

Just wandering if anyone has used this option and how it has turned out.

Where have you used it? Pack races? Districts?

What were the results?

I have only used it once at a pack race where the Pack A leaders wanted a kid from Pack B to race but did not want him to effect Pack A results. I offered them the Exclude option and it turned out okay. In the heats, Pack B kid spanked some of the racers, but it did not show in the results. Luckly it was small pack, all of them friends and no negatives came from it.

On one occassion at a District Race we had a car show up with '99 2.2 gram wheels, the type that will hold a BB in the recessed thread. He swore up and down that that is what came in the box and that we allowed them the year before. After some discussion and him realizing that we were not going to allow them, he switch them out for another set of '99 wheels that were not lightened. Now the car was overweight. For what ever reason, the metal could not be removed. So the wood was going to have to be hogged out. I offered him the option to race as an Excluded Racer so as to not to have to hack up the car. He choose to drill, dremel, and knife out the wood, basically made a rail car. Unfortunely, car ended up lower mid class for den group and never advanced to finals. I wish he had taken up the offer and not destroyed the car.
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Using the Exclude Racers Option if GPRM

Post by BallBoy »

I ran a race where two of the boys showed up with one of dad's old cars that was fast back in the day. Rules stated that the car needed to be built in the last year. Since they didn't have a backup car they were allowed to race, but not compete. The boys understood the reason for the disqualification and still had fun racing.

In a different race the pack had the leaders all make cars and wanted them to run with the boys, but not compete against them. So, they were included in the schedule, but excluded from the results.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

BallBoy wrote:In a different race the pack had the leaders all make cars and wanted them to run with the boys, but not compete against them. So, they were included in the schedule, but excluded from the results.
They could have been put into a subgroup. Then use the subgroup standings to view the results for only the boys.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
knotthed
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by knotthed »

:thumbup:

Right on Randy... I ended up doing just that because we only have 1 bear in our pack and he raced with the Webelos and then the results were all sorted out at the end using subgroups.

It worked flawlessly!

Thanks for your help and such a great product and a great site.
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BallBoy »

gpraceman wrote:They could have been put into a subgroup. Then use the subgroup standings to view the results for only the boys.
When I excluded the leaders it was a spur of the moment request to include the leaders so I went with the first option that came to mind. One thing I really like about GPRM is its flexibility. There is frequently more than one way to do something.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by dna1990 »

Just another vote for the Exclude option. We use it for the rare car than can't be changed to conform to the rules, but we still want it running in the event. Works perfect for that.