Ran our pack race today

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
hotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ran our pack race today

Post by hotone »

We ran our pack race today using the GPRM software and the judge timer. It was a huge hit and everyone loved the software and the kids had a blast no issues keeping them interested. Thank goodness we did not have to eyeball the winner as some of the heats were really close. It took us 55 minutes to run through 60 heats including a championship round of the fastest 7 cars which was outstanding. That was including time between rounds deciding to run a championship round. Interestingly we had one tie for second spot in one of our heats with a time of 2.6790

Had a few glitches but that was more my fault because I changed some of the settings while playing with the software and could not get to the winning subgroup screen. Figured it out that I had disabled subgroups while running a 3 racer test race.

My son was the winner of the pack btw and was very proud :clap:

I would like to thank Randy for making such great software. Also a special thanks to John Shreffler for the used Judge timer. Our pack was on a tight budget as we bought the GPRM software and fixed the track this year. John was a great help since I was buying the timer out of my own pocket for the pack.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ran our pack race today

Post by gpraceman »

I'm glad that your race went well and the software was a help.

Congrats to the hotone team on the pack win.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
46u

Post by 46u »

Very cool what is the length of the track you where running on?
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

Congrats on a well run race, and the son's win!
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
hotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hotone »

Thanks, this was the first time the current leaders have run a kub kar race. I used a lot of tips of this site to "do my best" to make the race run smoothly and quickly. The parking lot really helped a lot and had a parent getting the on deck cars ready. I ran the beaver buggy race with the same setup a couple weeks earlier to test out everything.

Track is a 32' wood track made by someone a while back, not the smoothest track and I would guess at least 15 years old. The starting line to finish line is only 28.25' Record time was 2.5809 or 299.1 km/hr.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

hotone wrote:Thanks, this was the first time the current leaders have run a kub kar race. I ran the beaver buggy race with the same setup a couple weeks earlier to test out everything.
Say hotone, do you have any photos you could post of the beaver buggys.
I know there nothing more then a flat plank with a beaver cut out on them.
But i sure would enjoy seeing some photos or race rules for these kits.

Congrats, on the race and the win.
Mark.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
hotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hotone »

If I can locate my wife's camera I will post some pictures.

My son came in second in the district race on the weekend btw. He should have won but there were some complications. I was quite proud of him for taking it as well as he did. The winner was the second place car from our pack.