GPRM question

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
savageone
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM question

Post by savageone »

We will be using the GPRM software for the first time this year and I have a question concerning the timer switch. After a heat has been run,what would happen if the gate was not properly latched (before any cars were placed against the pin) for the next heat, and the timer switch contacts open and closed while trying to get the gate latched? I could see this happening at some point during the season. I assume that would start the timer prematurely and mess the running order up?

We plan on running timed races and I'm currently converting our old wood track starting gate to a power door lock 12 volt actuator. I will not be using the software to run the gate.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM question

Post by gpraceman »

If your gate is not properly latched, then you should not be able to load cars to the track.

When you click on the Ready Timer button, the software will try to reset the timer (depends on timer brand), so any prior switch bouncing will not have an effect.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
savageone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by savageone »

Timer is a microwizard K3. So the ready timer button should be pressed as the kids are staging their cars on the track and then the software waits for a response from the timer not the timer start switch?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

savageone wrote:Timer is a microwizard K3. So the ready timer button should be pressed as the kids are staging their cars on the track and then the software waits for a response from the timer not the timer start switch?
Are you using a start switch or the laser sensor system with that timer?
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
savageone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by savageone »

start switch
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

savageone wrote:start switch
In that case, the switch is what is resetting the timer, not the software. As long as your gate is up and latched, the switch should be fully closed. If it is not, then you need to adjust things so it is.
Randy Lisano