DerbyDMV Generic Pictures

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
boyo
Apprentice
Apprentice

DerbyDMV Generic Pictures

Post by boyo »

We got DerbyDMV last year to make pit passes for our cubs, and I managed to find time last year to get head shots of all the kids, this year I wasn't so lucky and didn't get pictures of all of them to print on their pit pass.

So my thought was to just use a generic picture, I thought about using the rank emblems for each rank of scout but thought i would see what ideas others had before I started printing off the passes.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DerbyDMV Generic Pictures

Post by gpraceman »

boyo wrote:We got DerbyDMV last year to make pit passes for our cubs, and I managed to find time last year to get head shots of all the kids, this year I wasn't so lucky and didn't get pictures of all of them to print on their pit pass.

So my thought was to just use a generic picture, I thought about using the rank emblems for each rank of scout but thought i would see what ideas others had before I started printing off the passes.
That's a good idea. There is also a generic racer image that comes with the software (thumbs up guy).
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
boyo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by boyo »

Just a thought, using v5, there's no easy way to set the same picture for all of a group and when trying to import them over and over, it kept making copies instead of reusing them. A workaround was to open the mdb in access and manually change them after setting the first, but I would never recommend that to someone not familiar with access.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

boyo wrote:Just a thought, using v5, there's no easy way to set the same picture for all of a group and when trying to import them over and over, it kept making copies instead of reusing them. A workaround was to open the mdb in access and manually change them after setting the first, but I would never recommend that to someone not familiar with access.
Just set the default image in the setup screen to be the rank image. In the reports screen you can select the particular group that you wish to print out. Repeat for the other ranks.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.