GPRM 13 Test mode

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
BKahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM 13 Test mode

Post by BKahuna »

I don't fully understand the Test Mode that is available from the Racing screen, but I do comprehend the one in the Hardware Setup screen.

If a racer jumps lanes or falls off the track during a race, and we need to re-run 1 or 2 cars from a heat, can I just switch to the Hardware setup screen, run a test race with the affected cars in the proper lanes, note the times, then switch back to the racing screen and input the data manually?

I may be making this too hard, but it throws me off on the racing screen when I enter test mode, and then it scores the times and advances to the next heat. I don't necessarily want it to score every lane in this situation. Maybe this isn't even what this mode is for?

I find a reference to Test/Tie-break mode in the Help file, but can't seem to access it the way it's described.
Edit: Found it!

Still would like to know if the procedure at the top of my post is a viable way to accomplish this, just in case.

Thanks!
Last edited by BKahuna on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM 13 Test mode

Post by gpraceman »

Test mode enables the Test Data button when manually entering heat results. It is a faster way to play with the software when you don't have your timer hooked up. Test Mode also will not record new top times or track records.

There is no need to go back to the Hardware Options screen for that scenario. Click on the button next to the race group at the top of the Racing screen and select "Test / Tie Break". You will see a generic list of racers. Run the heat for that racer(s). No results will be recorded, so note down the times. Manually edit the original heat with the new results.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
BKahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: GPRM 13 Test mode

Post by BKahuna »

Awesome! Thank You!