Grand Prix-- Only one kid racing?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
michaelmoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Grand Prix-- Only one kid racing?

Post by michaelmoo »

Ok our Wolf Den has 4 boys. However we have only one that will be racing in the Pinewood. I would like to move him to the Tigers since they have 7 boys.

I have it set up has each Den is a Group. If I move the one Wolf into the Tiger Den it lists him as a Tiger. I'd like to keep him listed as a Wolf. I'm not sure I can do this. I've read the Help guide and cant seem to figure out if there is a way. I dont really want to do Subgroups because we race by Dens.

I also want him to race and not just advance to the finals. I know he but a lot of work into his car and he would like to race it more. I could just move him as a tiger and change the results, but wanted to know if there was a better way to do this.

Michael
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Grand Prix-- Only one kid racing?

Post by Vitamin K »

Only one kid racing?? What're the other three kids doing? :idk:
michaelmoo wrote:Ok our Wolf Den has 4 boys. However we have only one that will be racing in the Pinewood. I would like to move him to the Tigers since they have 7 boys.

I have it set up has each Den is a Group. If I move the one Wolf into the Tiger Den it lists him as a Tiger. I'd like to keep him listed as a Wolf. I'm not sure I can do this. I've read the Help guide and cant seem to figure out if there is a way. I dont really want to do Subgroups because we race by Dens.

I also want him to race and not just advance to the finals. I know he but a lot of work into his car and he would like to race it more. I could just move him as a tiger and change the results, but wanted to know if there was a better way to do this.

Michael
michaelmoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by michaelmoo »

They are also playing baseball. THey happen to have games the morning of the Pinewood. Out of 50+ kids, 3 have a conflict and they happen to be in the same Den!
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BallBoy »

One possible solution is to create a group called Wolf/Tiger then have a subgroup for each den. That way they will race together but you can still separate the wolf from the tigers. I don't know that you can have the dens in their own groups and still race against scouts from other dens.
jmalsa
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by jmalsa »

In our Pack we have conflicts also but I still let the boys build cars and I race them whether they are there or not. Some families end up popping in and out of our derby day seeing they have kids in sports and they play at different times. The ones that are not able to be there if they win an award I will just present it at the next Pack meeting. Race day is a great experience but not all of the experience. Most of it is designing and building the car either by themselves or with a family member.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

BallBoy wrote:One possible solution is to create a group called Wolf/Tiger then have a subgroup for each den. That way they will race together but you can still separate the wolf from the tigers.
That's the best way to do it.
BallBoy wrote: I don't know that you can have the dens in their own groups and still race against scouts from other dens.
Nope. In GPRM, the only time that you can run racers from different race groups, is for the Grand Finals Round.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

I would mobilize to see that these boys weren't left out. Set up a workshop so that they and their parents can get cars built and either do your Derby check-in on a different date than the actual races, or arrange for an officially-sanctioned "early check-in" for boys who can't be there on the actual day of the race. Then go ahead and run their cars on race day, whether or not they're there to watch.

Most Derbies last a while, so it's quite possible they could come show up after their games get out.

$0.02
michaelmoo wrote:They are also playing baseball. THey happen to have games the morning of the Pinewood. Out of 50+ kids, 3 have a conflict and they happen to be in the same Den!