URGENT: RaceReplay camera initialization error!

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

URGENT: RaceReplay camera initialization error!

Post by kyoo »

Randy.. help.. I'm having our pinewood derby in the morning and I'm getting this error with racereplay and my webcam

Unable to initialize video capture graph (Step=170). Unspecified error
Video State: 0

I reinstalled the race replay and my webcam (Logitech C920) drivers.. the Logitech software shows video just fine from it..

and the racereplay software works fine with my laptop's built in camera, too.. but that won't work for the race!

Help!
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: URGENT: RaceReplay camera initialization error!

Post by kyoo »

I'm running windows 8. I ran the derby last year with the same setup. Though that was V12 not V13.

Are there debug logs somewhere?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

What version of RaceReplay are you running? Please include the full version number (e.g. 3.0.1508.0).
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

I don't have it in front of me at this moment but rest assured I've tried the v13 I downloaded this morning from your site and the v13 update from a few days ago that I also downloaded this morning. So the very latest.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

That is not what I asked. What version of RaceReplay?
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

Same deal. I grabbed the installer and update today.

I tried both versions separately.

3.0.1508 is what I tried first tonight.
And 3.0.916 Initial release after I uninstalled and reinstalled.
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

Thanks for being there Randy. I'm mobile at the moment and phone battery about to die. I should be home in about an hour and back working on this. I'd appreciate it if there was a fix or some ideas to try tonight! I'll definitely try V2.0 again like last year. Will that work with v13 gprm?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

kyoo wrote:Will that work with v13 gprm?
If you are using V13, it would be better to use RR V3. GPRM V13 and RR V3 incorporate changes to help them work better together.

Though, your issue does not seam to be with GPRM. What Video Compressor are you using in RR? Have you tried going into the Properties screen for your video device and seeing if there is some setting there that may be causing the issue? Unfortunately, that error is pretty vague, but if it pertains to video capture, that's where I would start looking.
Randy Lisano

kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

I was trying the default DV something or other. And then I tried another one too. Same thing.

I'll take a look at device properties when I return.

Are there any logs? Is that error generated by rracereplay? If I google it there are no hits.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

kyoo wrote:Are there any logs? Is that error generated by rracereplay? If I google it there are no hits.
The Microsoft DirectShow video library is generating the "unspecified error" and RR is displaying it along with some other information.

When trying to get RR and GPRM working together, it is better to first make sure they can run standalone. You should be able to preview, record, and do replay from RR before you even trying using with GPRM. Once you can do that, test the communications between apps using the SendMessage app. That is installed with both GPRM and RR. It sends the same messages that GPRM will send, but is easier as you do not need your timer connected. Then once you successfully run things from SendMessage, then try doing so from GPRM.

As far as video compressors goes, first try not using one (select the blank entry).
Randy Lisano

kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

Ok.. I'm home now.. I tried the blank video compressor line.. GPRM closed.. RR only open.. preview button emits that error..
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

kyoo wrote:Ok.. I'm home now.. I tried the blank video compressor line.. GPRM closed.. RR only open.. preview button emits that error..
Then I would check your settings for the video camera via the Properties screen.

RR needs an uncompressed video stream, so I would check for an option to remove any compression.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

If you can, post a screenshot of that Properties screen or send it via email. Those are settings specific to your camera. RR has no control over them. It can merely display that screen.
Randy Lisano

kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

I can't seem to find any properties page other than the one via "Devices & Printers" or "Device Manager".. and those are both the same properties page with no real options.. just setting details of the driver.. but no option to change anything.. still looking.. but if you have any other pointers in the mean time, let me know..
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

I emailed you some screen caps..