Recommendations for Race Software?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
egr3300
Apprentice
Apprentice

Recommendations for Race Software?

Post by egr3300 »

Seeking recommendations for the various race software programs out there....which ones have you used and had success (or failure) with? Grand Prix Race Manager looks to be pretty popular but are there others that are just as good or better? Looking for a long-term solution that we can pass down to den leaders, as well as one that doesn't require extensive additional purchases or accessories to be compatible. Thanks in advance!
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Recommendations for Race Software?

Post by Speedster »

NO. there aren't any others worth considering. Grand Prix Race Manager is the Best. We've used it for years and never had a problem. I have seen on Derbytalk where someone had some problem with their system and GPRM helped them solve it and their problem had nothing to do with the software. Now that's Service.
I wish you the Best.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

egr3300 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:23 amas well as one that doesn't require extensive additional purchases or accessories to be compatible. Thanks in advance!
None that I know of require accessories or additional purchases, with the exception of a USB to Serial Adapter. One of those adapters is required since computers these days do not have serial ports and most of the timers on the market are serial based (the timers that have a USB plug to them have just built a USB Serial Adapter into the timer). Either way, you will need to install the drivers for the adapter and make sure they are compatible with your OS and version.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Bugeater87
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bugeater87 »

I am using the latest versions of GPRM and Race Replay. In the Race Replay, I would like to have the ability to rotate the camera feed from landscape to portrait. This would improve the ability to view the start and finish in the same screen without seeing extra on each side of the video frame.

In GPRM when going through the registration and checking a car has passed, it would be nice if the audience display could be set to always put the most recent checked "passed" car at the top of the list. This way, the audience can see the most recent cars as they are checked in rather than seeing the same list alphabetical list that doesn't really change.

Other than that, GPRM is the best software. Especially the latest version that no longer requires .NET Framework.