GPRM: Disqualify after scheduling?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

GPRM: Disqualify after scheduling?

Post by Vitamin K »

Is there a way to disqualify a car after the schedules have been built? For our DIstrict race, we should be able to get the pre-registration information prior to the race day, which means we can go ahead and build the roster and make the schedules and have all that ready to go before the event. However, not everyone who pre-registers always shows at the event, so I'm wondering if there's a way to mark those cars as not present, so that the software will just automatically assign a DNF when they're scheduled to run.
jspearm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: GPRM: Disqualify after scheduling?

Post by jspearm »

Would you want the races that include those absent cars to only have 3 cars in them (assuming a 4 lane track)?

What's wrong with unchecking the pass inspection box for the cars that don't show?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Watchitgo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Watchitgo »

Our solution to this problem is rather low tech. We have several filler cars that are pretty much guaranteed to come in last. I have to admit that I have not tried to change a cars pass status after scheduling. Does the cars status change cascade thru to the race scheduling after the heats have been created?
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

jspearm wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:01 am Would you want the races that include those absent cars to only have 3 cars in them (assuming a 4 lane track)?

What's wrong with unchecking the pass inspection box for the cars that don't show?
Can you unpass a car after the schedules have been built? Otherwise, we have to print out new schedules to distribute to the staging team.

I guess I need to fire up my VM and poke around with GPRM to see what it does.

I guess we could run a dummy car for the absentees, to help keep the "traffic" factor going?
bobcatbrown520
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by bobcatbrown520 »

Schedules don't take that long to generate via GPRM. I have pre registered everyone ahead of time, print out the roster then when they show up check them off and check the PASSED INSPECTION box on GPRM. Simple and easy if they no show.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

You cannot unpass a racer after you've created the schedule, without deleting out the schedule (and any results for any heats already run), which is generally not desirable. If you have a racer that is disqualified after racing starts you can turn on the Exclude feature in the Software Settings screen and then check the Exclude box for the racer in the Registration tab of the Main screen. They will not be removed from the schedule, but their results will not show up in the race standings. It is a way to let a racer run, but not let them win a speed award.

Anyways, you should wait until check-in is over before you create the race schedules. Then only the racers that you have checked the Passed Inspection box for will be added to the schedule. Creating schedules is a pretty quick operation, so there really isn't a need to do that ahead of time.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.