GP RaceManager Questions

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
mclewis_13
Journeyman
Journeyman

GP RaceManager Questions

Post by mclewis_13 »

Good Morning! We just ran our Grand Prix last night. We had 45 cars dueling it out for fasting block of wood in Jacksonville, Florida!

Software Version - Pro Version 19.0.903.11
Somethings that came up that I didn't know how to do and would like to know for next time.

Speed General
We ran the following Speed Groups
  • Cubbies
  • Sparks
  • T&T
  • Trek/Journey
  • Adult
  • Grand Finale
  • When it came down to the awards, we had to manually enter each winner even though we had each run in their own group. Is there a way to have the system do it automatically?
  • We could not figure out how to have the Grand Finale Award Winners populate on the big screen like we could with the rest of them, do we need to make a subgroup in order to make it select properly?
  • This included assigning the Turtle Award, since the program can tell me who won it, is there a way to have it populate my awards?
General Issues
  • Priority setting seems counter intuitive and the video didn't really explain higher priority number means it is shown first, not priority 1
  • When trying to move awards around in priority if it is now the same number as another award, it will switch which award you are reprioritizing
  • If an award has the same priority it will populate even when you choose reveal one at a time
  • Top Speed and New Record Pop-Ups, none of this occurred throughout the night and I know we set some new records.
  • Is there a way to look at, and delete/modify the track records? During one of our test runs an old car set it and I can't figure out how to delete it.
Please only take this criticism constructively, this software helped make the races amazing! This was all back of the house, behind the curtains issues and the crowd had no idea we had them.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GP RaceManager Questions

Post by gpraceman »

mclewis_13 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:08 am Software Version - Pro Version 19.0.903.11
You are slightly out of date on that version. The last update for that version was 19.0.903.12. You can download that update from our website, https://grandprix-software-central.com/ ... nloads.php. Of course, we are up to Version 21, so you might want to consider upgrading.
mclewis_13 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:08 am
  • When it came down to the awards, we had to manually enter each winner even though we had each run in their own group. Is there a way to have the system do it automatically?
You do not need to enter awards based on speed standings into the awards section of the software. That is for everything other than awards based on the speed standings. You can view the standings on the Standings tab of the main screen, display to the audience via the Standings audience display screen, and view/print the standings reports in the Reports screen.
  • We could not figure out how to have the Grand Finale Award Winners populate on the big screen like we could with the rest of them, do we need to make a subgroup in order to make it select properly?
Not quite sure what you mean. Display who was advanced to the Grand Finals? That can be down by using the Roster audience display screen and selecting the Grand Finals group. Display who won the Grand Finals? That can be done from the Standings audience display screen.
  • This included assigning the Turtle Award, since the program can tell me who won it, is there a way to have it populate my awards?
See response above regarding speed standings.
  • Priority setting seems counter intuitive and the video didn't really explain higher priority number means it is shown first, not priority 1
Your most important award is priority #1. Awards are displayed from lowest priority to highest, so your #1 priority award is shown last. You are building up from the least important award to the most important. It is trying to build up to the climax of your most important award.
  • When trying to move awards around in priority if it is now the same number as another award, it will switch which award you are reprioritizing
I do believe that there was a tweak to that in either V20 or V21 to make that better.
  • If an award has the same priority it will populate even when you choose reveal one at a time
Yes, that is the expected behavior and why each should have a unique priority (within their category).
  • Top Speed and New Record Pop-Ups, none of this occurred throughout the night and I know we set some new records.
Did you have the Track Records and Top Times tabs open in the Racing screen? If not, the software is not supposed to update those. There was an update to Version 21 to improve on the tracking for Track Records and Top Times.
  • Is there a way to look at, and delete/modify the track records? During one of our test runs an old car set it and I can't figure out how to delete it.
Yes, there are the Track Records Settings and Top Times Settings screens for that. Click on the big Settings button on the Main screen to get to those.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
leerbennett
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by leerbennett »

One more comment regarding:
* Top Speed and New Record Pop-Ups, none of this occurred throughout the night and I know we set some new records.

These lists likely got filled up while you were testing, so times from the actual event no longer qualified.

The key for avoiding this situation is to use "Test mode" as you practice. The setting is located at Racing Controls dialog | Options drop down menu on right side | Test Mode checkbox.
mclewis_13
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by mclewis_13 »

leerbennett wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:38 am One more comment regarding:
* Top Speed and New Record Pop-Ups, none of this occurred throughout the night and I know we set some new records.

These lists likely got filled up while you were testing, so times from the actual event no longer qualified.

The key for avoiding this situation is to use "Test mode" as you practice. The setting is located at Racing Controls dialog | Options drop down menu on right side | Test Mode checkbox.
I was trying to show my new pit crew what to look for as far as the on deck and the current race, and I MAY have run the fastest car I've ever built on the track, because she is so fun to watch motor...lol. But I will get all of it fixed up with the notes from above and your advice.

As a side note, when the kids are doing test runs we do not run the timer or allow more than one car on the track at a time. I like for the actuals to be a surprise and to make sure that nothing happens between cars before the race.