New BSA catamaran kit: no Pack rules

Anything related to Raingutter Regatta racing and event coordination.
TimInOhio
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

New BSA catamaran kit: no Pack rules

Post by TimInOhio »

Ok, so our Pack converted to the BSA catamaran kit for our upcoming Raingutter Regatta. However, no rules have been published or discussed. I know for a fact that some boats have been already completed so I'm thinking that rules CAN'T be enacted now, lest they make boats already built illegal. I'm closely involved with our Pinewood Derby and coordinated and ran a district level Derby last year, but the Committee Chair and Cubmaster have not asked for help or input from me or anyone else for the Regatta. I know that if I ask, I will tip my hand as to what my Scout has been asking to do to his boat, but on the other hand, no rules means there's no governing document that can be used to disqualify any boat that shows up at our Regatta. And I also know for a fact that there is 1 Scout whose father, and another Scout whose grandfather, are going to produce some radical boats at are going to be NOT your average Regatta boats.

Part of me wants to question "what are the rules" but that will disqualify some boats (both already built and as yet unbuilt). But part of me wants to tell my Scout that since there are no rules, go for it!

Any thoughts?

Tim