Here's my Class B Mid America Big Rig called O'l Red!
Of a stretched frame pusher axle Peterbuilt that's still a work in progress.
Just shot the clear on.
Most all of my detail parts are made from wood .. Fuel tanks are made from dowel rods , clearance lights are made from ends off toothpicks.
Air horns are made from dowel rods that i turn on the drill press using small files to shape them .. same for the air cleaners.
For the smoke stacks.. I like using small aluminum tubing:
For the heat shields I like to use Woodmate Mr. Grip Repair kits for this detail.
Some times i like to make sunvisors for the trucks as well. for those I use aluminum pop cans.. This truck will have one on it that i just put it on.
However I have not took photos of it on the truck at this time!
For the windshield & door glass.. I use clear plastic sheets.. cut and shape to fit inside the cab.
In the plum crazy semi truck topic & build i did sometime back.. I share some photos of how i make a lot of the wooden detail parts with a scroll saw.
Just yesterday I said to my wife, "Whoda will probably build a whole truck while I'm trying to get mine ready to test just the chassis".
I will not be showing my wife the Whoda Peterbilt. I hope there's an award for design and I hope it goes to you.
Beautiful Truck !!!
You just made my day.
And you’ll get your big rig built!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet I can make your night .. tonight!
I found this cool paint job on a semi truck on my I phone today.. and thought id try and do the same paint scheme to the truck tonight!
Image of the truck seen on my I phone:
Well all went well for the driver side of the truck but the passenger side is a different story!
Thought id try this paint detail using Testers model paints and let every thing dry for 3 hours.. before one last coat of clear.
and now your night maker.. and my nightmare! (the passenger side) That I should of let dry a little bit longer.
So when all this miss this is good and dry... my thoughts for fixing this bleeding nightmare.. is reversing the color combinations.
Paint every thing gold.. and do the strips in white .
It's not what i wanted.. but hope it will work out for the next painting go around!
( Plus I'm going to let it dry for a day.. before shooting the next clear coat!)
Here is that Sunvisor made from a pop can.. and the mirrors i made from some small paper clips , pop cans and solder together.
The CB antennas are solder'ed on to the mirrors as well.. there made from small telephone cord wire and Indian seed beads.
Speedster & Eagle More pics for you guy's!