Car Photo Gallery

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Car Photo Gallery

Post by Darin McGrew »

My personal site has a collection of photos of unusual cars as well. There are separate pages for cars built by:

Builders (3rd- and 4th-grade boys)
Sentinels (5th- and 6th-grade boys)
Other Youth
Adults
TDean
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Car Photo Gallery

Post by TDean »

Darin --
I was inspired by your collection of cars when I first discovered them on the Internet several years ago! Excellent selection of imaginative cars -- and nicely broken out into different age groups so that boys can get a realistic idea of what they can accomplish at their own level.

Are we going to see any new additions?? :?:
TDean
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Car Photo Gallery

Post by Darin McGrew »

TDean wrote:and nicely broken out into different age groups so that boys can get a realistic idea of what they can accomplish at their own level.
This is something I struggle with when I show unusual designs at the kick-off meeting each year. Many of my designs are way beyond the abilities of most of the kids, so I'm a bit reluctant to show them in this context. I try to get some of the creative designs built by kids, so they can see examples that are within their own abilities. And I try to explain some of the techniques I've used when building some of my cars. (Some were a lot easier to build than people think.)
TDean wrote:Are we going to see any new additions?
Hmm... where is that round tuit? :-)

I've got photos from the last couple years, but I need to reorganize everything before I publish them. My church dropped CSB's curriculum for the younger kids, so the "Builder" and "Sentinel" categories don't work any more...