2010 Derby Car Construction Journal

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

2010 Derby Car Construction Journal

Post by pack529holycross »

roosclan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2010 Derby Car Construction Journal

Post by roosclan »

What an awesome idea! I don't have the time to keep a "journal" like that, but I will be taking some photos of the boys building their cars to fight off the accusations that I built their cars (we've cleaned up in pack and district two years running-- aiming for #3).

A couple of OT observations... our Pack 303 is also based out of Holy Cross... in KS.

Speaking of KS: I'm rather jealous that your boys can be in your garage in shorts and T-shirts in December. Right now, I have a deer hanging in my garage because it is at a consistent 35-40deg! :O I have to fire up our kerosene heater in order for my boys to build their pwd cars in the garage.
Tempus fugit. Frater, memento mori.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:DAY ONE:
Looks like they are raring to go.
roosclan wrote:Speaking of KS: I'm rather jealous that your boys can be in your garage in shorts and T-shirts in December. Right now, I have a deer hanging in my garage because it is at a consistent 35-40deg! :O I have to fire up our kerosene heater in order for my boys to build their pwd cars in the garage.
Guess you don't need a refrigerator. It was about 10deg outside today while I was working in my garage (crown molding and wainscoting project for the dining room) but it was a toasty 50deg in the garage. Two summers ago, I broke down and insulated and dry walled one of our garages. I even put foam insulation panels on the garage doors. Going from the uninsulated garage to the insulated one and you feel a big difference in temp! But even with the insulation, I had to break out the propane heater to make it comfortable to work in on a day like today. Fortunately, it doesn't get that cold here too often. It is worth the time and expense, if you'd like to work in your garage in the winter.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
roosclan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by roosclan »

gpraceman wrote:
roosclan wrote:Speaking of KS: I'm rather jealous that your boys can be in your garage in shorts and T-shirts in December. Right now, I have a deer hanging in my garage because it is at a consistent 35-40deg! :O I have to fire up our kerosene heater in order for my boys to build their pwd cars in the garage.
Guess you don't need a refrigerator. It was about 10deg outside today while I was working in my garage (crown molding and wainscoting project for the dining room) but it was a toasty 50deg in the garage. Two summers ago, I broke down and insulated and dry walled one of our garages. I even put foam insulation panels on the garage doors. Going from the uninsulated garage to the insulated one and you feel a big difference in temp! But even with the insulation, I had to break out the propane heater to make it comfortable to work in on a day like today. Fortunately, it doesn't get that cold here too often. It is worth the time and expense, if you'd like to work in your garage in the winter.
Well, we rent the place we're currently at, so it's not worth the expense. Once we get our own place (hopefully after tax season), I will definitely want an insulated -- if not heated -- garage. But then, where would I hang the deer? :? :lol:
Tempus fugit. Frater, memento mori.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

http://seminoletrails.com/DAYTWO/

My grandson wanted General Lee, so im taking artistic license by using a 2009 Challenger body just for fun - please forgive the sacraledge. :-)

Fatdaddy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Fatdaddy »

pack529holycross wrote:http://seminoletrails.com/DAYTWO/

My grandson wanted General Lee, so im taking artistic license by using a 2009 Challenger body just for fun - please forgive the sacraledge. :-)
That 2009 Challenger is a beauty! Just call it the General Lee Redux :) Or maybe the General Petraus? :)
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2010 Derby Car Construction Journal DAY THREE

http://seminoletrails.com/DAYTHREE/

Started my first car after giving Nicky and Coltons cars a third sealer coat - switched to wood filler from the elmers at this stage