Lucky 7

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
WI_Dad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lucky 7

Post by WI_Dad »

The car's number is actually 00 but was given #7 at registration and weigh in. Lucky? I think so.

My son, Ryan, with the 2012 Overall Train Champion "Green Machine". He is in Boy Pioneers and they had the local race for his Pioneer Train today. Sort of unusual occurance today as he came in 2nd among the Campers (age 11-12). So our Train then takes the 3 best cars from each age group and runs each car through 4 more heats, once in each lane of the track, for the overall champion. Placement is based on average time over the 4 heats. He beat out the 1st place car for his age group by .006 for the title.

For a bit of extra fun after the boys overall champ and girls overall champ are determined, we run the best girls car against the best boys car to determine who gets first in line for icecream after the race. Victory and chocolate icecream with whipped cream and sprinkles soon followed. :D
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Lucky 7

Post by whodathunkit »

Congrats Ryan & WI_Dad!
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Cool car. Cool Trophy. Cool Shirt. CONGRATULATIONS Ryan and Dad.
WI_Dad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WI_Dad »

Thanks guys. Yea, the shirt was dad's idea. Ordered a shirt online with his car's name and added some patches. It was a raceday surprise for him.

I am anxious to see the race times posted so I can look at the data. He happened to see the stats for the overall champion heats and noted that he won by .006. We don't know how far behind he was from first in his age group during the first four heats. Couldn't have been much. His competition had one super good run that was the top heat of the day and was probably the difference.

Anyway, we have districts in 3 weeks and as tempting as it is to tweak and try to improve, Ryan decided it is good enough and the car will sit in storage until then, get a dusting of graphite and glide to the finish line. :thumbup:
WI_Dad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WI_Dad »

Ryan had his district race yesterday and finished 2nd. We had a lower turnout than expected which was disappointing but the competition was very challenging. With the exception of a couple cars that were there primarily for craft all of the heats were extremely close.

This particular heat was won by my son by .001.

https://youtu.be/

For finishing in the top six, he and his cousin get to compete in our international derby next month.