Replica of a Real Grease Slapper!!!

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Replica of a Real Grease Slapper!!!

Post by whodathunkit »

FatSebastian,

Your Tom Slick Thunderbolt Grease Slapper Challenge has just been greased & done up in the wacky racer style of a Grease Gun.

To show the kids if they can dream it.. They can build it because the design possibilities are endless.

This would be my version of Muttly's Real Grease Slapper...HE,HE,HE,HEEEEE.
Thank's for the idea FS. ;)
Whoda.
Last edited by whodathunkit on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Replica of a Real Grease Slapper!!!

Post by FatSebastian »

:thumbup: Neat! Were it not for the wheels, I would mistake it for a real grease gun.

:?: How much does it weigh?
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Belive it or not FS,

I just started this grease gun car build today I wish now I would of took photos of the build along the way but I forgot to sorry.
(I was is a hurry to get it built and posted on here! )

It is all made from the BSA kit and a few things like tooth picks and a shoe lace covering a wire for the hose the grease tip is small dowel rod shaped to look one.
Every thing is wood through out the car The decal is from a mini grease gun tube of grease.
As my pattern while makeing it I was looking at a real grease gun.

I just sprayed one more coat of clear on the car for tonight.. havn't put any weight in the car
at all but I plan to.
Hopefully it is dry enough to put on the scale it weighs in at 2.7oz. for tonight.

Thank you for this car idea FS, for it has been a real challenge to make it look like a real grease gun.
And this is the first grease gun car build for me.
Mark.
Last edited by whodathunkit on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

That is GREAT !!!!! You built that mighty fast. Are you a cabinet maker by trade?
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Speedster wrote:That is GREAT !!!!! You built that mighty fast. Are you a cabinet maker by trade?
Speedster, Just an ol" construction forman / welder.. now hospital maintenance / carpenter.
Who has built and installed a few cabinets.
So i guess if you wanted to call me one you could.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Very nice!
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

gpraceman wrote:Very nice!
Thank you Randy.

You know how FS, was talking about cartoons also?

Comic books can also relate to cartoons.

Randy Davis of Max-v Did up a news letter some time back Vol 2 Oct 02 - April 03.
I think it was...
The Legend of the Pinewood Derby where Don Murphy was talking about his book Pinewood.
Where he said himself .. There are humorous accounts drawn from the past & present events
as well as illustrations, cartoons, stories and photos of past and current Derbies.

:?: Have any of you ever seen a comic book that has a Pinewood Derby issue in it :?:

If it is ok with you Randy.
I'd like to pull out from my drawer of memories..
An old 1966 12 cent Teenage Hotrodders comic book that does & share the Memory with you all.

EDIT.. sorry guys forgot to add the next two continued pages. (while posting the photos)

And to add.. That this cartoon illustration is the true story of Cub Scout Robbie Keller,
of Den 7, Pack 177, Stony Creek Mills PA..

The story starts off in 1963 when Robbies older brother Rick, was a Cub Scout & racing in the
finals for the championship of his pack.. it was a close finsh for Rick, who had to settle for secound place.
To years later in 1965 it was Robbies turn to build his racer.. recalling what he told his older brother Rick about his race..
just wait tell I build my car... I'll bet I Win first prize. Rick said big talk then.
Rick & Robbies, Mouther was a Den Mouther and passed out the kits for Robbies race.
Kids in the pack were talking that there cars would be faster..

Rick & Robbie, Father..Jack Keller, Is the Illustrator & cartoonist, for Teenage Hotrodders comic book.

The story gos on when Robbie asks his dad for help building his car the same day he gets the kit.
His Dad tells him whats the rush you've got 8 weeks to build it.
Telling Robbie to read the building instructions.. then start working out some designs on paper.
His Dad helps Robbie with his pattern.. by showing him that he could improve the design by lowering the front (hood)of the car.
Robbie then traced the outlines of the pattern on the block and went to work
useing a vice and a Hand plane to shape his car.
With every step Robbie asks his dad how he is doing.. his father tells him to use sand paper to sand the car smooth starting with the rough sand paper and finshing with the fine sand paper.
Next he ask his dad why making the car as heavy as possible is important.. his dad tells him..
so the car will roll down the hill.. later he uses sanding sealer 4 coats and sanding it once more
befor painting.
He asks to spray paint it orange.. his father tells him.. I thank you'll get a better finsh brush painting it.
Robbie complaned that the paint looked streaked.. his dad tells him to keep on painting.
He did.. 10 coats of orange paint & three coats of clear so it will have long lasting beautiful finish.

After the continued pages.. (pages 5 & 6) Robbie moves on to wheels and axels..
While lubeing the wheels.. the unexpected happend.
The car slips out of his hands and hits the floor.. his race is one hour away..
And he is asking his dad if there will be enough time for the glue to set.
Later at his race.. his car was makeing its way to win the top Eliminator Award.
His car in the last race.. the rear wheel came loose and jammed itself against the body..
Stoping the car.. the car he was placed against.. his best friend Greg Keller, (no relation.)

Although Robbie, diden't win the top Eliminator award.. he diden't go home empty handed..
He received a trophy for haveing the one of the best constructed cars in the race.

Mark.
Last edited by whodathunkit on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

Wow... That grease gun car is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Darin McGrew wrote:Wow... That grease gun car is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Darin.
and a huge thanks goes out to FS, for challenging me to do up a
Wacky Racer Race Car for the kids.

When he said Tom Slick, Thunderbolt Grease Slapper..
my thoughts said grease gun car.

Glad it turned out looking like a real grease gun car.
And Thanks for letting me share the Teenage Hotrodders comic book memory.