The Angry Bird

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
slipperyfrog
Pine Head
Pine Head

The Angry Bird

Post by slipperyfrog »

This is last year's car. Never got around to posting it. It took 1st in all races. This was the 4th year for my first son so he is done. He placed 9th, 4th, 1st, & 1st. We got progressively better in no small part to all the great information on this forum. Now it is my 2nd son who has his first race in January. :mrgreen:

We found a car design on the net my son liked, quickly drew it up in vector scale and laser cut it from the block. Then found the graphics he liked, laid it out and digitally printed them. He did the sanding, painting of the black areas, and all the wheel/axle prep. No one beat his "Angry Bird" last year. He is real excited to learn more and start making the cutting & printing into a part time job for $$$ as he goes through middle/high school.

http://www.solarartgraphics.com
SolarArt Graphics & Window Tint
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: The Angry Bird

Post by Noskills »

So your son is going to take local custom derby orders from his friends for money? What an entrepreneur! :thumbup:
Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
slipperyfrog
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: The Angry Bird

Post by slipperyfrog »

Noskills wrote:So your son is going to take local custom derby orders from his friends for money? What an entrepreneur! :thumbup:
Noskills

I don't think he is going to do that. He is looking forward to the kids getting older, buying they own real cars and then cutting, printing and wrapping/tinting stuff for them. He should clean up better than working at McDonalds. :)
http://www.solarartgraphics.com
SolarArt Graphics & Window Tint