For: aphonos. stock wheel base photos.

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

For: aphonos. stock wheel base photos.

Post by sporty »

some pics

here is another.
here is a stock wheel base, i tried out.

I prefer 8 to 10 cubes in the rear, but this is a car i tried out,

another one.
hopefully you can see the weight.

Thats all I could find 4 now, I must have some on my back up hard drive. Id have to look. I might not either.

But hope this helps you.

I prefer 8 to 10 cubes in the rear, like you can see in some of the pic's. but also as I mentioned some of these cars were done differently to try out.

I prefered 10 to 12 cubes forward of the rear axle, you can see some of this in a few of the pictures.

Sporty
aphonos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: For: aphonos. stock wheel base photos.

Post by aphonos »

VERY helpful. Thank you! :thumbup:

Those 6,000+ words are very instructive. (Counting each picture as a 1,000 words.)

In some, I count 15? cubes forward of the rear axle and sometimes 10? behind. Hard to tell in some of the pictures of the green, winged car if all those spaces contain cubes or if there is something else filling int those spots.

This gives us some tracks to run on as we consider how to weight our own car. I appreciate the tracks!
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

I typically use 20 to 24 cubes in a car or 4oz worth.

Sometimes the cubes I bought did not way like they should and other times the cubes did.

however, 10 cubes in the rear or 8, and the rest forward. So thats typically 14 cubes cubes in front. 8 or 10 in the rear.

I wish I could give a exact number, I was not the best stock wheel base car builder, or not as good at it as I would have liked, So I did not build them as consistent as I should have, I was always trying something. I dont feel I reached the level that I did in exstended wheel base.

But our packs and council race, for many years, was allowed and thats about all we built.

However in 2010, pwdr league racing, I ran in pure stock, we won the pure stock championship. but im still not a great stock wheel base wheel builder. I think quadad does a better job then me at it.

Sporty
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Noskills »

Sporty,

I am building a stock spoon with the rear axels back at 5/8th. I did not follow you advice to the t but so far put 12 cubes behind the axel as I do for my extended wheel base cars. Will likely have another 10-12 front.

Do you have a good reason for choosing 8-10 behind the axel and up to q4 in front? I figure as long as the is close together and gives you the COM you want, what is the difference.

What type of COM do you aim for in stock?

I cut enough room for either 2 rows of six or 3 rows of 12.

Thanks,

Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite