Swiss Army Knife Car

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
User avatar
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:34 pm
Location: Charleston, WV

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by ciodude » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am

Excellent! So what will you do next to top this one? :)



Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am
Location: Indian Trail, NC

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by Mr. Steve 316 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 am

We're looking at doing another Big Rig maybe with a car hauler trailer or something to put some of our other vehicles on. We are kicking around a lot of ideas from a Mustang to a Sherman Tank. Can't wait to start another one!


Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316

User avatar
having_wandered
Pine Head
Pine Head
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am
Location: Zimmerman, MN

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by having_wandered » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:38 pm

That is an awesome car knife. I wonder how that falls with "no moving parts" rules? I'd just consider those "movable parts" and not an issue provided they requrie a bit of effort to move. Guess you could throw in a locking pin if you absolutely had to. That'd be hilarious to have a blade "accidently" open going down the track.


~Not all who wander are lost.

Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am
Location: Indian Trail, NC

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by Mr. Steve 316 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 am

having_wandered wrote:That is an awesome car knife. I wonder how that falls with "no moving parts" rules? I'd just consider those "movable parts" and not an issue provided they requrie a bit of effort to move. Guess you could throw in a locking pin if you absolutely had to. That'd be hilarious to have a blade "accidently" open going down the track.
We were planning to tape it closed and remove the key ring if it raced. The biggest moving problem is the corkscrew, it will open itself just setting on the shelf. Plus, it is metal so any contact with the track would be a real problem. I think any jolt in the track bend would probably open the blades somewhat. Maybe if we had an early lead, the corkscrew could engage the other car and hold it back. ;)


Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316

TedBull
Pine Head
Pine Head
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 am
Location: seattle, Wa

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by TedBull » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Very cool car. Did you lose the toothpick yet? I always loose the toothpick.



DerbyDash
Pine Head
Pine Head
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 11:45 am
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by DerbyDash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:48 am

Mr. Steve 316 wrote:
having_wandered wrote:That is an awesome car knife. I wonder how that falls with "no moving parts" rules? I'd just consider those "movable parts" and not an issue provided they requrie a bit of effort to move. Guess you could throw in a locking pin if you absolutely had to. That'd be hilarious to have a blade "accidently" open going down the track.
We were planning to tape it closed and remove the key ring if it raced. The biggest moving problem is the corkscrew, it will open itself just setting on the shelf. Plus, it is metal so any contact with the track would be a real problem. I think any jolt in the track bend would probably open the blades somewhat. Maybe if we had an early lead, the corkscrew could engage the other car and hold it back. ;)
All you need is for the knife to come out and cut the competition's car in half...then you can rename the car the executioner. :rofl:

This is one awesome car that is beyond my limited skills. I'm working to get better though. Great car!



Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am
Location: Indian Trail, NC

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by Mr. Steve 316 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:29 pm

TedBull wrote:Very cool car. Did you lose the toothpick yet? I always loose the toothpick.
I always lose the toothpick, too. So, I left it out of the build. I planned on painting a square on the face so it would look like it was there, but forgot about it.


Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316

Post Reply