Little Boys Love Tanks

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman

Little Boys Love Tanks

Post by Mr. Steve 316 »

Actually, this is not a Tank. It is a Ferret Armoured Car and a Humvee. We really like building military vehicles. Their general boxy utilitarian shapes work well with Derby Cars. Forget about speed, but you'll surely get some design votes from the Pack.

Also, these are not Kit Cars. We have been accused of running kit cars, and I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult. To each his own, I guess...
Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Little Boys Love Tanks

Post by FatSebastian »

Mr. Steve 316 wrote:I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult.
Compliment! Great craftsmanship Steve!
chromegsx
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by chromegsx »

Definitely a compliment. as long as its phrased in a question to you and not said behind backs. Nice work for sure.
pgosselin
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pgosselin »

Nice job.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

cool!!!!
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

Even if it wasn't meant as a compliment, take it as one! That is some great work. My four girls designs are way to wild and unusual to ever be called “kit” but after they have won something (1st, 2nd – speed/design) every year for the past 4-5 years at the AWANA Grand Prix, I hear similar comments, both well-meant and not-so-well-meant. I help out at the workshops and it was nice to hear another parent put one not-so-nice commenter in their place. Regardless, I choose to take them all as compliments. :)
Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Mr. Steve 316 »

ciodude wrote:Even if it wasn't meant as a compliment, take it as one! That is some great work. My four girls designs are way to wild and unusual to ever be called “kit” but after they have won something (1st, 2nd – speed/design) every year for the past 4-5 years at the AWANA Grand Prix, I hear similar comments, both well-meant and not-so-well-meant. I help out at the workshops and it was nice to hear another parent put one not-so-nice commenter in their place. Regardless, I choose to take them all as compliments. :)
I've seen some of your photos in your posts. Those types of cars must be fun to make. My daughter had a derby one year in Girl Scouts, we made a pink car with "Girls Rule!" on it. I wish she would have had other races, girls build totally different than boys. My son tends to just agree with what I say, I have to be sure to get his input before I suggest anything. My daughter is the opposite. It's a lot of fun both ways!
Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

They are a lot of fun. And sometimes very challenging. When my one girl wanted a giraffe, It took me days of staring at it to figure out how to work her design into the confines of the block of wood and the Grand Prix rules. At one point I went back to her and said what about just a giraffe head? That wasn’t acceptable.

You’re right, they do build totally different. My son and most of the boys I’ve seen feel they need to build a “car.” As you can see from my posts, my girls feel no such constraints. The same is true for the girls in AWANA. I talked my wife into doing a PWD race for her Girl Scout Troop and there was one “car” the rest were animals, things or other fantastic ideas.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

If it's Green with Camo it's Cool.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?