Mid America, DT cars

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Mid America, DT cars

Post by birddog »

We finished our last car today. The kids had fun doing a 2nd car this year. My youngest daughter (The Green Bay Packer Fan) really likes decorating her cars in honor of her favorite football team (this is her 2nd Green Bay Packer car of the year).

The green/blue car is my Son's car, he is in the "Open Scout" division. The blue diamond and green bay packer cars are my daughters cars. They will race in the open kids division.

The brown/white car is mine.

This is the first time we've ever sent cars away to race. Should be fun!

birddog

4wheeldrift
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by 4wheeldrift »

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share a pic of our cars we sent to the Mid-America race. I've been a long time lurker over the years and have picked up a lot from the forums.

This is our first try at proxy racing, something I've wanted to try for a while. A big thanks to Sporty, Sebastian, Stan Pope, and I'm sure there are several others as I'd often reference and re-read many of your posts over the years.

My son's is the US Army car that will be in the open Scout class while mine is the GT40 looking thingy that was actually built around the pure stock specs for one of the leagues. I didn't get to put much effort into mine just short of slapping some wheels onto it, but at least they'll be there tomorrow.

We're a few grams light, but I didn't want the worse to happen and come in heavy and not be able to race. Should be fun, wish we were going to be there.

sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Good luck tommarow to you and your son., cars look great!

Sporty
4wheeldrift wrote:Hey guys,

Thought I'd share a pic of our cars we sent to the Mid-America race. I've been a long time lurker over the years and have picked up a lot from the forums.

This is our first try at proxy racing, something I've wanted to try for a while. A big thanks to Sporty, Sebastian, Stan Pope, and I'm sure there are several others as I'd often reference and re-read many of your posts over the years.

My son's is the US Army car that will be in the open Scout class while mine is the GT40 looking thingy that was actually built around the pure stock specs for one of the leagues. I didn't get to put much effort into mine just short of slapping some wheels onto it, but at least they'll be there tomorrow.

We're a few grams light, but I didn't want the worse to happen and come in heavy and not be able to race. Should be fun, wish we were going to be there.

Scrollsawer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Scrollsawer »

Adding pics. of our cars to the Subject Thread. Good luck to all tomorrow!

Regards,

Scrollsawer
"Laugh a while you can Monkey Boy."
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Wishing all Mid-America Racers the very best of luck.

Mark.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

Those are some THIIIIN cars!