2013 Grand Prix Winners

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

2013 Grand Prix Winners

Post by ciodude »

This year I had my three youngest girls racing against each other in T&T. My oldest girl raced in the noncompetitive race as a leader (She is a Cubbies Helper). The three girls won all the design awards, sweeping first second and third place. I was in Canada on the day of the race and my son tried to help with the graphiting of the wheels, but I clearly need to give him some additional lessons. I think he used the tube that was virtually empty. I had chosen not to graphite the wheels because it makes a mess on the church leaders to review the cars for the design awards. While they came in 2nd or 3rd in the various races (not bad for no graphite!) none of the girls placed for speed. But they were happy that their friends won. So from left to right we have Pikachu and the Minion Racer by my twin 8 year olds. Queen Bee by my 10 year old and then Fairies in the Flower Forest by my 13 year old.

Pikachu used a pretty standard body type that we’ve done before (we've done gerbils, bats, bugs and more)

The Minion racer was a lot of fun. My daughter hand painted the three little minions. The one watching/holding the kite is a girl minion (you can tell buy the pink bow in her “hair.” The cockpit bubble is the top to a prize from a gumball machine.

The Queen Bee has a Bee driver and flower staff. Of course both bee driver and bee car are wearing crowns.

My oldest had fun racing with the Cubbies in the noncompetitive race (no design, no speed prizes, just participation). Her fairies have dresses and wings made of silk flower petals and braided and pony-tail hair doos made from a thick thread.

I’m very proud of their creativity. They really challenge me to help take their ideas and adapt them to the small block of wood. You can see more photos at https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1020 ... 5536070577
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2013 Grand Prix Winners

Post by Noskills »

Very cute. My daughter started with cars for design but has gotten the speed bug.
Seth
P.S. Left Leesburg about a year ago.
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

ciodude,

WOW! :o What a job your girls did on their cars.
ciodude wrote: I’m very proud of their creativity. They really challenge me to help take their ideas and adapt them to the small block of wood.

I know how you feel about being challenged to help make their :idea: 's come to life. ;)
It has a way of saying just how proud you are just by the words you typed.

Great looking cars girls.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

Thanks for sharing! Those are some fun designs!

In case anyone wants to see larger images...

ciodude wrote:This year I had my three youngest girls racing against each other in T&T. My oldest girl raced in the noncompetitive race as a leader (She is a Cubbies Helper). The three girls won all the design awards, sweeping first second and third place. I was in Canada on the day of the race and my son tried to help with the graphiting of the wheels, but I clearly need to give him some additional lessons. I think he used the tube that was virtually empty. I had chosen not to graphite the wheels because it makes a mess on the church leaders to review the cars for the design awards. While they came in 2nd or 3rd in the various races (not bad for no graphite!) none of the girls placed for speed. But they were happy that their friends won. So from left to right we have Pikachu and the Minion Racer by my twin 8 year olds. Queen Bee by my 10 year old and then Fairies in the Flower Forest by my 13 year old.

Pikachu used a pretty standard body type that we’ve done before (we've done gerbils, bats, bugs and more)

The Minion racer was a lot of fun. My daughter hand painted the three little minions. The one watching/holding the kite is a girl minion (you can tell buy the pink bow in her “hair.” The cockpit bubble is the top to a prize from a gumball machine.

The Queen Bee has a Bee driver and flower staff. Of course both bee driver and bee car are wearing crowns.

My oldest had fun racing with the Cubbies in the noncompetitive race (no design, no speed prizes, just participation). Her fairies have dresses and wings made of silk flower petals and braided and pony-tail hair doos made from a thick thread.

I’m very proud of their creativity. They really challenge me to help take their ideas and adapt them to the small block of wood. You can see more photos at https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1020 ... 5536070577
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

Thanks Darin!