Electronic Car Design Contest

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Electronic Car Design Contest

Post by gpraceman »

With all of the cool electronic cars that I have seen on the web lately, maybe we need to have a contest for next season. Who can build the coolest electronic car that is still gravity powered. I'd be interested to see what people would come up with. Maybe even get Greg to add a special division to next year's Mid America Pinewood Derby for it.

EDIT: I split this off of another thread, as this should probably be one of its own.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
xanthrum
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Electronic Car Design Contest

Post by xanthrum »

Randy,

I am open to adding some cool unique divisions - we currently award 12 design trophies
Greg Dawes
Mid-America Pinewood Derby
http://www.midamericaderby.com
midamericaderby@yahoo.com
(402) 659-1714
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Electronic Car Design Contest

Post by gpraceman »

xanthrum wrote:I am open to adding some cool unique divisions - we currently award 12 design trophies
My company would be interested in sponsoring that design category and covering the cost of the trophies.

I do think there needs to be some basic eligibility requirements for this design category. Electronics must be incorporated into the car, of course. The car must be gravity powered. So, no powered cars. For practicality, the car should have an on/off switch. Should meet all dimensional requirements to fit the track. Maybe not have a weight limit, so people can incorporate everything they need in the design.

While LED lighting effects are cool, I'd like to challenge people to take it to the next level. I think that it would be really awesome to have some cars with moving parts (besides wheels ;)). I have a concept in mind for my car for next year that will incorporate some animation. Hopefully, I can pull it off.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.