Awana cars 2015

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
chromegsx
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Awana cars 2015

Post by chromegsx »

I don't get on here as much as I used to (kids schedules are crazy busy) but still like check in on occasion... Thought I'd share this year's Awana builds that placed 1st and 2nd out of about 87 cars. Older brother squeaked out the win due to younger brother's inexperience at staging a precision racing machine ;) ... he did great except for the last two races which he lost to his older brother. Younger brothers car was a good .01 faster on average on our local track. Varied a lot to lane selection. But track is rough and these builds were our most aggressive with very light front ends so staging was very critical. 1st was soccer and 2nd was Million Dollar Bill. Yes I put his picture on the bill. Older brother raced 4 years and got a 4th and 3 1st's to finish out his racing career. 3 more years for the little guy.

Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Awana cars 2015

Post by Vitamin K »

Very nice! Looks like they take the Grand Prix a little more seriously at your Awana club. Ours, is...well...the rules are two paragraphs, and include the words "no added weight". ;)
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

The $1M bill design reminds me of why I like to have the cars judged by impartial adults who don't know any of the kids. When (not "if") kids decorate cars in a way that identifies the kid, adults who know the kids may no longer be impartial, even if they didn't watch the cars being built.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Nice looking Awana cars! Team Chromegsx.

Are those Puma weights I'm seeing on the cars .. or are thay air deflectors ?
Hard to tell from the photos. ;)
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
chromegsx
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by chromegsx »

They are puma inspired but custom made for awana wheels, but double as air deflectors ;)

Not sure how serious it is but it's something my boys and I really enjoy while they learn what makes a fast car and how to use paint, sand, drill, etc.

My son has a fascination with gold...so the million design was natural for him to pick. Putting his picture on it gave him a huge smile. Impartial judging doesn't usually come into play for our designs as we go for speed and we cannot win both design and speed. But it's next to impossible to get impartial anything in life. ;)