Team Noskills 2016 Final Derby Line-up

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Team Noskills 2016 Final Derby Line-up

Post by Noskills »

Its been a great ride DT family. Found DT 4 years ago and have not lost a race since (well maybe at the mid-America but not in the scouting). Here are the last cars.
Shot of the all the cars together:
Here is my son's car. He loves to watch You Tube personalities that showcase video games like Pewdie Pie, Jack SepticEye and Marky Plier. His car has their logos. Ask your sons as I am sure they know who these folks are. I dont have a clue. :idk: This is The YouTuber
Next is my daughters. I was sure she was going for another cat theme (you might recall her Tiger and Leopard cars) but this year went with a snake pattern. The Black Mamba. This is Testors black as the base and Testors graphite sprayed over a fishnet stocking.
Here is mine. Decided to race the au natural car. Shiny Pine
I did make an outlaw car too. Mostly because I had this idea and really wanted to make it. Its not really an outlaw car as it follows all pack rules but will run it as such (if they let me) Agent Orange.

All are 3 wheel RR with 4 in of drift with COMs around 0.5 in. Hope to run in the Mid America this year so we squeeze in one last race.

Team Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Team Noskills 2016 Final Derby Line-up

Post by Speedster »

Beautiful cars !!!!
I'm Gonna Miss You. The Pinewood Derby is Gonna Miss You. The Cub Scouts are Gonna Miss You. Seems like Yesterday we started with Derby Talk. Where in the World does the time Go ??? I wish the Best for you and your family. Stop in and visit Derby talk once in awhile.
Cheers,
Bill (Speedster)
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Team Noskills, It has been good to get to know you all!

You have always had a funny way to make me laugh and to enjoy each and every one of your car builds.
I'll never for forget the Coca-Cola pop bottle car or the Turbo pickle car with the sesame seeds.

Speedster said it best ..we are gonna miss you.. so I do hope you'll chime in on Derby Talk from time to time.

Grate job with all the cars Kids.
The Black Mamba snake skin car... Wow!! what a paint job your Daughter did with this one!

Best of Luck & make it a good one this year Team Noskills.
Whodathunkit.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Scrollsawer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Scrollsawer »

Seth, those are some really nice cars for your finale curtain call. I'll be checking the board for a week or so to see how Team Noskills fared in your final race. You're right, where does the time go? When My twins ran our last race last year, I was really wistful about hanging up the spurs, but maybe you'll get lucky like I did this year (had a neighborhood Scout come ask for help building his car). Just when I thought I was out for good, here I am helping a friend's kid make a spoon car for a race next week. Don't throw away or sell all your gear just yet. You never know when a Scout will come knocking!

Scrollsawer
"Laugh a while you can Monkey Boy."
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Noskills »

Thanks guys. I will keep on eye on the board and perhaps make a car or two int he future just for fun.
Seth
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
Gtdhw
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Gtdhw »

I know how you feel. This is our fifth year as well, and I was thinking last year was gonna be it for the PWD. Luckily, my yougest decided that he wanted to be in scouts too, so as fate would have it, we have four more years, as he's a Tiger this year. My Boy Scout wants to keep building for the sibling races as well, so I'm pretty happy about that. I missed your four years, but have read a lot it over the the last week or so, lol. Congrats on your career and beautiful cars.
I wish I was the man that my dog thinks I am.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by birddog »

Love your fleet this year Seth! Congrats on the final build!

This is our last year as well. Hope to post some pics next week. I didn't build a car for the open division this year, just had my Scout build 2. He named the cars "last ride". After the build, I'll be selling off most of my PWD specific tools and supplies.

Not planning on building MA cars this year as we always have to build new cars for that race in order to be competitive. We've had a good ride and are ready to hang up the spurs.

birddog
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Noskills »

Looking forward to the Team Birddog line up Mike! It was quite a ride. I will hold onto my goodies in case a neighbor ever (hopefully) asks for some help :)

Seth
Napoleon Dynamite
Scrollsawer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Scrollsawer »

Noskills wrote:I will hold onto my goodies in case a neighbor ever (hopefully) asks for some help :)

Seth
It happens! Happened to me this year! And there's always the Mid America... :dance2:

Scrollsawer
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Team Noskills 2016 Final Derby Line-up-RESULTS

Post by Noskills »

Well the pack race was last night. We had another great night taking the first place slot for scout, adult and siblings:
My son Simon was very happy:
I ran my derby car pit stop or as I like to call it the Pinewood First Aid. Being a doctor I like to ham it up a little with the medical theme:
The cars looked great. Here is an awesome shot of my son's car in the blue lane and my outlaw car in the yellow lane

We opened the pack rules up this year to allow for using lightened wheels and oil and had some very nice times on the 42 ft best track:
Simon 2.937 (totally shattering the 2.960 with stock wheels and graphite prior best)
Seth 2.947 (Shiny Pine) and 2.956 for Agent Orange
and the Black Mamba ran a 2.957

I think we are going to skip districts and have a run at the mid America then hang up our spurrs...
I am hoping to get a shot of all our cars over the last 5 years while I get ready to make 3 cases to display them.
In general I can say that pre DT our Tiger car fell off the track and broke (but was voted scouts favorite) and since DT have been undefeated at the pack and taken home 2 1st places at districts.
Thanks all,
Noskills (Seth)
Napoleon Dynamite
Scrollsawer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Scrollsawer »

Outstanding Team Noskills! Take a bow! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love the different trophy styles, and especially like the steering wheel Pack Winner Trophy. :mrgreen:

Those times are nuts. Even with oil. Well done!!! 8)

Let me know what you plan to do with regard to building a case for the cars. I need to do one as well for the twins' cars. :working:

See you at the Mid-America. I am definitely going to enter again this year. I might need to do something along the lines of Mad Max. :scratching:

There is a keen wistfulness associated with the last Pack race. I khow how it feels. :nod:

Congratulations!

Scrollsawer
iflytii
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by iflytii »

Congrats on the placings! Well done!
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by birddog »

Those are some great times! Nice job Team NoSkills!
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

Congrats to Team Noskills! Best of luck at the Mid-Ams!
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Thanks for all of your help Noskills with our questions over the last couple years. This is our last year also. I don't seem to have much interest in adult racing. I do like building with my boy and watching him watch his car race. Good luck.