He's Baaaaaack

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

He's Baaaaaack

Post by ciodude »

Well folks after a bit of time away, I'm back! Hope to be posting some photos of efforts while I was gone and some new projects.

CIOdude
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: He's Baaaaaack

Post by Vitamin K »

Welcome back! I think your time here pre-dates mine!
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

Thank you Vitamin K! Looks like I might predate you by a few years. :) We had some issues with a flooded house, destroyed/equipment and a few moves. I see I need to update my profile, we're in Charleston, WV now. I lost my male racer, as my son aged out of Boy Scouts and is now off at college. Sadly the AWANA clubs here don't do the Grand Prix, they do the Raingutter Regatta, so my four girls aren't doing many racers these days.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

ciodude wrote:Thank you Vitamin K! Looks like I might predate you by a few years. :) We had some issues with a flooded house, destroyed/equipment and a few moves. I see I need to update my profile, we're in Charleston, WV now. I lost my male racer, as my son aged out of Boy Scouts and is now off at college. Sadly the AWANA clubs here don't do the Grand Prix, they do the Raingutter Regatta, so my four girls aren't doing many racers these days.
Ah, what a missed opportunity! I always thought the AWANA GP was a great outreach event...especially to the dads.
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

I did too. In a brief talks with multiple Commanders, apparently they felt derby racing was too competitive. They also don't allow Sparks or Cubbies to enter. I used to run workshops for the Grand Prix with my son. I enjoyed working to bring the children's visions to life.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Welcome back ciodude!
Say have you been building any more of them Hong Kong Fuey cars?

Always liked that one!
Whoda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

Good memory Whoda! Glad you liked it (that one happens to be sitting on a shelf in my office at the moment). It was tons of fun to build and frankly I was shocked how many kids knew what it was. No more Phooeymobiles, but working on an Order of the Arrow Humvee (semi-monster truck) [District is having a rally of sorts after Monster Jam show here for Cubs and their cars) and a little roadster pulling a tear drop trailer. I've got a GI Joe ATV, Mobile Command Center and LandMaster (from Damnation Alley) partly cut and I am trying to get the artwork from the super huge (and very cool) 2017 Jamboree patch to use as a graphic for a new Jamboree-themed box trailer for my 18 wheeler. I want to build Ark II and Roamer, but the engineering of that still has me stymied.