Good luck at District tomorrow

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
2kids10horses
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Good luck at District tomorrow

Post by 2kids10horses »

TAL, I specificly asked if I could mount a wheel in a mandrel and spin it on my hand drill, and was told, No, that would be machining. I pointed out that they sold the mandrels in the Scout shop, and again he said no.

He may not have known what a mandrel is. I'm sure he was about as annoyed at the whole thing as I was, and so he wasn't being very helpful or symthathetic. I reminded him that he had given me the AOK for lightened wheels just 10 days before, but he said it had been discussed at a Council meeting, and the Council banned them.

Last Thursday at our Roundtable, our District Exec said he was sorry about the whole thing, and really appreciated the hard work I did to conduct the Derby. After inspecting the cars, I was the 'Runner" who returned the cars from the finish back to the Pit. I figure I did about 300 deep knee bends! I was sore for days.

There is another Derby race opportunity. It's going to be at Phillips Arena and all Scouts, not just Cubs can enter. I've received a Flyer, but no rules. I'm bringing the lightened wheels.

2k10h

By the way, the filly is now about 3 weeks old, and getting really frisky! She's friendly, allows us to touch her everywhere, I've taught her to let me pick her feet up, I can toss a rope all over and around her, etc. But, she IS frisky out in the pasture. She's our only foal, and she needs to run with some other foals to learn "manners". I WOULD take her to the stallion's owner's farm as he has three foals. That would be perfect. But, he just broke his leg, and I'd hate to put an additional burden on him. (Er... the Owner just broke the leg, not the stallion!)

Meanwhile, the Easter chicks are growing feathers...
Odin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Odin »

2kids10horses wrote:There is another Derby race opportunity. It's going to be at Phillips Arena and all Scouts, not just Cubs can enter. I've received a Flyer, but no rules. I'm bringing the lightened wheels.

2k10h
Sorry to hear about the rule changes, certainly doesn't sound too kosher. :?

Can you give me some info about the race at Phillips arena? I searched but couldn't find anything on the net about it. Thanks!
PWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD »

2K10H, I feel for you. Good luck at the Phillips arena race!