To have or not to have: district level PWD championships

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Richard
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: To have or not to have: district level PWD championships

Post by Richard »

Stevejahr, I say go for it. From reading your posts it really sounds like what we went through last year. Planned a district derby in two weeks. Could have done alot better, but I just looked at it as hey atleast the boys got to see there is more to scouting than just their pack. It truly is a brotherhood. Since we did it last year, it was assumed we would do it again, this time alot more planning has gone in to it and I believe this will be one of the best Districts ever. As far as who qualify, we use the top 3 from each age group, but if one of them can't come, we allow alternates. The idea is to have 15 boys from each pack, then we offer a huge trophy for the pack that scores the most points altogether. I won't lie though, lots of headaches, just keep a positive outlook, stick to your guns on the rules, and always remember that it is not about who wins a District, it is about the memory that boy will always have of representing his friends and family at an event he truly had to work hard to qualify for. :D