Making Decals

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
rising_creek
Apprentice
Apprentice

Making Decals

Post by rising_creek »

My son wants a Red Wings Hockey sticker on the hood of the car. I haven't found anything the right size.

I was thinking of printing something on my own. Has anyone made their own decal. If so could you share how you did this?

Thanks
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Making Decals

Post by FatSebastian »

rising_creek wrote:Has anyone made their own decal?
FWIW, an older thread on this topic also exists here.
john4840
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by john4840 »

rising_creek wrote:My son wants a Red Wings Hockey sticker on the hood of the car. I haven't found anything the right size.

I was thinking of printing something on my own. Has anyone made their own decal. If so could you share how you did this?
Hello rising_creek. I printed decals on blank lable paper, full sheets. I used the Windows paint program to get the size I wanted. Also you might want to check out this thread. The person who started it used temporary tatoos on his son's car. I thought that is was a good Idea.

John
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

I have done decals a few different ways over the years.

water slide. I just like the clear, never seems to show up well. the white backed is okay.

I actually prefer vinyl adheasvive sheets, there is clear, matte, black, white. they have them for laser or ink jet printers. they also have ink jet sheets, you can rub off the decal, like a tattoo.

I usually get mine on e-bay, a 5 pack or 10 pack for like $15 to 19.00 dollars (including shipping)

I use photoshop or something, even basic paint can work, and then I actually put mine into word file and use the rulers on that to do my size and add a bunch. so i do not waiste the whole page.

I then get some spray on laquer for the glossy ones, spray a few light coats. and let dry and then peel off the backing and stick onto the car.
rising_creek
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rising_creek »

Thanks for the helpful tips.
Lucky13
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Lucky13 »

rising_creek wrote:My son wants a Red Wings Hockey sticker on the hood of the car. I haven't found anything the right size.

Thanks

Rising Creek,

Check out this link to see a really cool Red Wings Hockey car designed by Lester Racing...

http://www.lesterracing.net/photos.html" target="_blank

Lucky 13
pwrd by tungsten
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pwrd by tungsten »

I love the Peace Love and Pine Car as well...
W Racing!!!!