Awaiting the dawn

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
timtrain35
Apprentice
Apprentice

Awaiting the dawn

Post by timtrain35 »

That's it....it's done. You and the person shorter than you have done all you can for this year's car. Tomorrow is the big night and the car (cars in my case) are resting comfortably for the evening. You?.....not so much. What could you have done better? What will you do next year? What if something happens to the car? Will they place for a trophy...,maybe a design award? :idk:. You're worried and excited all at the same time and will do it all again next year. Anyone been here before? Sigh, it's going to be a long night and a long day at work tomorrow.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Awaiting the dawn

Post by FatSebastian »

timtrain35 wrote:Anyone been here before?
:nod: IMO anxiety and uncertainty are part of the excitement / fun of PWD. If we knew going in that we were going to win, then there would be no point in it for us.

:goodluck:
Curse You Red Baron!
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Awaiting the dawn

Post by Curse You Red Baron! »

timtrain35 wrote:That's it....it's done. You and the person shorter than you have done all you can for this year's car. Tomorrow is the big night and the car (cars in my case) are resting comfortably for the evening. You?.....not so much. What could you have done better? What will you do next year? What if something happens to the car? .
ROFL, I think everyone on this forum has been there... especially those of us who are competitive but not dominant in our races. One month after our race (and two weeks before district) I'm thinking about what we can do yet (Lube and Alignment just before the race) to ensure the best possible results at district (Our cars are impounded). My boys really engaged this year, and it's fun to watch their interest grow - so despite all the jitters, I know we've already accomplished our most important task! Get some sleep and good luck!