Good day at the track.

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
46u

Good day at the track.

Post by 46u »

Did well considering no more time we had to do the build and being our fist build. Our car turned an average of 0.18 seconds faster then the next fastest car. This was just the pack race but still very pleased.

We are going to district next weekend. Running on aluminum 42 foot Best Track any suggestions will be greatly appreciated? I am going to add a little weight about 3 grams as there scale was real close to mine.
thanks
Jeff

geauxturbo
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Good day at the track.

Post by geauxturbo »

That almost looks identical to my first pinewood derby car as a scout. Red with yellow flames. The shape was nearly the same. Unfortunately, didn't turn out as well in terms of speed! Congrats.
MOFAST
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by MOFAST »

Congratulations! I'm sure he is excited! I've never seen my boys as excited as the day they won rank at pack!

Now the challenge is they are already saying they want to do it again next year! Can't complain about enthusiasm though. I'm trying to convince them that "thin is in". We will be making two cars per boy next year, 1 to race and 1 for design.

Tell your grandson awesome job! Congrats on the twins also!!! I am a father of 6 yr. old triplets, she'll have her hands full. Parents of multiples have a saying "better hands full than empty". God bless!
46u

Post by 46u »

My grandson had a good time but I think I was more excited then he was. We are going to build two for next year one for my grandson and one for me. My goal next year is to turn under 3 seconds, which we are about .01 off right now but for our first and only having 3 days to build I am content with this year.
Thanks
Jeff
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

46u wrote:My grandson had a good time but I think I was more excited then he was. We are going to build two for next year one for my grandson and one for me. My goal next year is to turn under 3 seconds, which we are about .01 off right now but for our first and only having 3 days to build I am content with this year.
Good day at the track in deed. Sounds like you have got the bug. :thumbup:
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
46u

Post by 46u »

I think I am officially a Pine Head now. :rofl:

I do not know why the picture of the car and the trophy the car looks like on the top edge it is real rough. Guess it is just the light. Here is a better picture.
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BallBoy »

Congrats on the win. I like how glossy the finish is on the car.
46u

Post by 46u »

BallBoy wrote:Congrats on the win. I like how glossy the finish is on the car.
I did not put clear on it as I did not have time.
Thanks
Jeff