Pack Champion!

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
MOFAST
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Pack Champion!

Post by MOFAST »

My sister called me in tears a week ago asking if I could help her oldest grandson with his PWD car. The Pack they belong to, don't have a cut night, nor do they try to help those that need it. My sister is single and basically raising her grandchildren.

My Great Nephew is the same age as my youngest son and I told her I would help him with his car. I was hurting on time so we did a simple, thin wedge, most of the weight internal with bore prepped wheels, and axles done to 12,000 paper and then polish. He painted flames and added stickers. My only stipulation for helping him was he had to call me tonight to tell me how he did. I could not attend his derby as my boys had basketball.

Well, I couldn't hardly understand him when he called, he was so excited! My sister had to give me the details. Never lost a race in den or pack and he won his closest race by a foot! Obviously, the pack they belong to is not very competitive. She said that 3 or 4 fathers came and looked at the car and asked how she did it. They even re-inspected the car, all parts came from the official kit and it followed ALL rules.

My sons race this Thursday, I hope they do well! The pressure is on!
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Pack Champion!

Post by FatSebastian »

MOFAST wrote:Well, I couldn't hardly understand him when he called, he was so excited!
From :cry: to :yahoo: Great story! Thanks for sharing. :goodluck: Thursday!
pgosselin
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pgosselin »

Ditto. Great story. Congrats to your family.
Oddzilla
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Oddzilla »

Awesome!
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

The 'Thank You's are the best part, aren't they?
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.