Thank you for all the help.

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
TedBull
Pine Head
Pine Head

Thank you for all the help.

Post by TedBull »

Just want to say thanks to everyone on the forum that answered my questions and offered advice. And thanks to all of you in general who have shared all of your tips and info with everyone.

We had our pack derby this evening. My son (tiger cub) Took first place overall (pack champion) in the derby. And I took first place in the Adult/outlaw class. We will be going on to the District race at the end of the month. Then after that we will enter the Mid America Derby via Proxy entry.

TedBull
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Thank you for all the help.

Post by TedBull »

Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Noskills »

Nice Ted,
Out here by Issaquah we will not be having a district race but there is a private race in the area being hosted by the guy from http://www.rentmytrack.com" target="_blank. We are going to that.
Seth
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Ted, The cars look great!
And congrats to you guys on the wins.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Ted,

That mario car is so cool, I never seen anything like it before. Great work !

Awesome on the wins too !

The Family is bringing some heat ! :clap:
TedBull
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by TedBull »

Thanks guys.

And thank you sporty, That compliment means alot coming from you. I had my son read what you wrote and he was grinning from ear to ear.

He first just wanted to build a fast car, just like the league racers cars we looked at online. Then after he finished sanding his freshly cut car he bailed from the garage and came back 15 minutes later with a handfull of his toy figures that he was considering adding to the car. He chose mario and diddy kong, HAD to be BOTH of them, and he wanted a "glass cover" over them. So we ordered some different canopy's and then settled on the MaxV canopy. He pulled the guys legs off and sanded them down untill they fit into the holes I assisted in milling (he ran the drill press while I held the block freehand :nervous: , He listened well and was all about my safety. The banana is made out of foam. My son honestly did 90% of the build himself with only supervision and guidence. I stepped in to take over potentially dangerous steps and the inital layout of axle location, weight location, etc. I also did the final hand painting per his request.

I will let you guys know how district goes. And you will see this car at Mid America.
Last edited by TedBull on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
pgosselin
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pgosselin »

The banana is my favorite part. Awesome job!

Paul
TedBull
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by TedBull »

Update!!!

So my son praticipated at our District Derby last weekend. My sons car was fast enought to take 3rd place. He was very excited about that. A ribbon was given for each heat. He finished in first position his first three heats, and then third in the finals. And what realy made me proud was his good sportsmanship. He was very humble about his placement and not disapointed at all. He congratulated the other top finishers and was comforting the kids who did not make the finals. It was good to see that. His hard work paid off.

Now he is excited about the Mid America Derby. I got our shipment boxes and cut the foam to a custom fit. The boxes are from Derby Dad 4 Hire.

sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

So cool ! I love it.
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by BradyS71 »

Ted, awesome cars!

Also I'm trying to place your view... Are thse the Cascades or Olympics you can see across the water? I grew up in Sultan (Steven Pass area) and used to work in Seattle (just north of the PI building) and my first house was in Renton.
TedBull
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by TedBull »

Thanks Guys
BradyS71 wrote:Ted, awesome cars!

Also I'm trying to place your view... Are thse the Cascades or Olympics you can see across the water? I grew up in Sultan (Steven Pass area) and used to work in Seattle (just north of the PI building) and my first house was in Renton.
The view is of Mt Pilchuck from across Lake Stevens. I lived in sultan for six years before we moved back to lake stevens and into this rental house. We love our view and will be sad when we move. Here is the full veiw for you. Gotta love the PNW.

My neighbor is taking down the big maple tree on the right. So that will improve the view quite a bit.
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by BradyS71 »

wow small world, my Parents used to own the Dental office in Sultan, hope you find another nice view (not too hard to find out there).