Just wanted to say thanks

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
chobo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Just wanted to say thanks

Post by chobo »

I got a lot of great information here and even though I was not able to put all of it to use this year, the family had an excellent run of it.

My seven year old, Manny took first in his train at the local level and then came up just short in district from qualifying for nationals. My nine year old, Gabe, took 3rd in his train at local, 3rd in district (beating the two kids he was behind at local), and then 22 out of 77 cars at nationals. Next year, the family will be able to try and put everything together that we have learned here and make another run at it. I'll still have questions for you guys through the year as we tinker with new ideas to work within our rules that we have to play with lol.

We may run a couple of the cars at the nwpdrl just to see things work out with what we do within our Pioneer's rules and are prepared to not do so well against the competition there, but it out to be a fun learning experience for us :)

Again, Thank You for all the great advice, all the old posts you guys linked me too, and the archive of information found with the search function on here!
Wife:
"You guys know that the derby is over, right?!!"