Thanks to everyone on DerbyTalk!

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
The Iceman
Journeyman
Journeyman

Thanks to everyone on DerbyTalk!

Post by The Iceman »

Newbie/lurker here. This is my first year building cars and this forum is hands down the best out there! I would like to say thanks to this forum and its admin and everyone that participates. We just had our Derby Saturday (only about 30 boys) and took three first places, well actually 4! (Using the hands on hands! :D ) We took Tiger, Kindergarten and adult Open class. And my Tiger took the overall champion for fastest time. But actually it was kind of embarrassing, we had the top three fastest cars. Mine, then my Kindergartner then my 1st grader.

My Kindergartner's started out as something we threw together because he wanted to build one too. (used the standard slots, no weights and standard axles and wheels(no prep)) and then I found out 2 nights before the race that they had a Kindergartners class. (FYI ahhh ribbons don't cut it for a 5 year olds, ya you try and explain it to a 5 year old) Well I had some extra wheels and fixed up some axles. I came in the house looked at the wife and said "his car maybe really fast!" lol

I'm anxious to start asking questions and share a few things I've found.

Can you find my Son and I in the Picture?

our Cars Batman = Tiger, Wedge = My Kindergartner, then Mine

Ice
Scrollsawer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Thanks to everyone on DerbyTalk!

Post by Scrollsawer »

Okay, first off...best dad/son hug photo ever. I love seeing spontaneous displays of affection like this.

Now, if these are your first cars with your Tiger Scout, and you're already winning Pack championships, all I can say is wow. Took us until our Bear year to achieve that feat. Be prepared to be announced as the "Derby Dynasty" family if you win another next year.

Great job! And yes, DT has everything you need to get great at the Derby.

Congrats on the big win, and more importantly, the hug!

Scrollsawer
"Laugh a while you can Monkey Boy."
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Thanks to everyone on DerbyTalk!

Post by Noskills »

Based on the photo about and Scrowsawer's photos I can make one conclusion-my pack needs to buy bigger trophies. Awesome job. Love the batman!

Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite