Mid America results.

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Mid America results.

Post by Speedster »

Ask and Ye Shall Receive. That is Slick. Lots of Hershey Bars. Lots of Fenders. Thank You.
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Noskills »

I'd like to see a picture of the top 6 cars in each category of scout and adult races.
Speedster, if I recall from watching the finals of the scout graphite race 9/12 where Hershey bars with fenders, 2 were more dog-bone shaped and my son's roughly sword shaped. I think I was the most unique looking car in the race. (If I say so myself) :mrgreen:

Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
MOFAST
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by MOFAST »

We were middle of the pack with the graphite cars.

2nd in Bears oil, and 6th overall. Got to meet some guys in person. Knotthead was there, he had some fast cars. Oil was a pretty tough division. Graphite with 90+ cars was real tough.

NOSKILLS- I took some pictures of your cars if you want them. Just pm me.
xanthrum
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by xanthrum »

To any of you out there that have pictures of this years event please send things to midamericaderby@yahoo.com so that we can post them on the website - we would love to see some of the great pictures that many of you had taken and for them to be part of the History of this event.

Thank you
Greg
Greg Dawes
Mid-America Pinewood Derby
http://www.midamericaderby.com
midamericaderby@yahoo.com
(402) 659-1714
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by birddog »

We got a nice big package in the mail yesterday with all our trophies, Napa hats, patches and other swag that make this event so impressive. The cars made it back safe and sound as well!

Well done Greg! I cannot imagine all the logistics involved in getting all the proxy racers taken care of. We certainly appreciate it!

birddog
lifer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lifer »

Is that 6 lane Best Track that the Scout Graphites were running on a 42? If so, those were really fast times!
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by birddog »

yes, it was a 42 footer. Greg sets up a very nice track. We always get faster times on his track setups than we do on our own test track at home.